- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Unrecorded Pulmonate Snail, Onchidium hongkongensis (Systellommatophora, Onchidiidae) from Korean Waters
- Kil, Hyun-Jong (National Institute of Biological Resources) ;
- Lee, Jun-Sang (Institute of Environmental Research, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2011.08.23
- Accepted : 2011.09.26
- Published : 2011.09.30
Pulmonate snail, Onchidium hongkongensis from muddy flat of Muan-gun was recorded as new to the Korean molluscan fauna. Shell-less body light-gray or reddish-gray in colour, oval shaped with numerous pustules on dorsal surface usually covered with mud. Black pair of tentacles with terminal eyes. Including the new record in this study, the family Onchidiidae 2 genera and 2 species in the Korean waters.
- Awati, P.R. and Karandicar, K.R. (1940) Structure and bionomics of Oncidium verraculatum, Cuv., Journal of the University of Bombay, 8: 3-59.
- Britton, K.M. (1984) The Onchidiacea (Gastropoda, Pulmonata) of Hong Kong with a worldwide review of the genera. Journal of Molluscan Studies, 50: 179-191.
- Dayrat, B. (2009) Review of the current knowledge of the systematics of Onchidiidae (Mollusca; Gastropoda: Pulmonata) with a checklist of nominal species. Zootaxa, 2068: 1-26.
- Jensen, K.R. (1992) Anatomy of Onchidium hongkongensis Britton, 1984. In: The marine flora and fauna of Hong Kong and southern China III (ed. B. Morton). Proceedings of the Fourth International Marine Biological Workshop. Hong Kong Univ. Press. Hong Kong. pp. 705-722.
- Kil, H.J., Yoon, S.H., Choe, B.L., and Park, J.K. (2005) Faunistic investigation for Marine Molluscs in Jindo island. The Korean Journal of Systematic Zoology, Special issue 5: 29-46.
- Okutani, T. (2000) Marine mollusks in Japan. Tokai Univ. Tokyo. pp. 1-1171. [In Japanese and English]
- Solem, A. (1959) Systematics of the land and fresh-water mollusca of the new hebrides. Fieldiana: Zoology, 43: 37.
- Walthew, G. (1995) The distribution of mangroveassociated gastropod snails in Hong Kong. Hydrobiologia, 295: 33-342.