- Volume 16 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Monitoring system for packet analysis on Wi-Fi environment
Wi-Fi 환경에서 패킷 분석을 위한 모니터링 시스템
- Seo, Hee-Suk (Dept. of Computer Science, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Kim, Hee-Wan (Dept. of Computer Science, SahmYook University) ;
- Ahn, Woo-Young (School of Bio-information, Daejeon Health Sciences College)
- Received : 2011.11.14
- Accepted : 2011.12.09
- Published : 2011.12.31
Many technologies for wireless internet are increasing as more and more laptop computers, net books, smart phone and other terminals, which provide wireless network, are created. IEEE 802.11 is computer wireless network technology that used in small area, called wireless LAN or Wi-Fi. IEEE 802.11 is a set of standards for implementing wireless local area network (WLAN) computer communication in the 2.4, 3.6 and 5 GHz frequency bands. They are created and maintained by the IEEE LAN/MAN Standards Committee (IEEE 802). AP (Access Point) is installed at cafes and public places providing wireless environment. It is more convenient to use wireless internet, however, It can be seen easily around us and possible to communicate with AP. IEEE 802.11 has many vulnerability, such as packet manipulation and information disclosure, so we should pay more attention when using IEEE 802.11. Therefore this paper developing monitoring system which can find out AP and Stations that connect with it, and capturing AP's information to find out vulnerability. This paper suggests monitoring system which traffic analysis in wireless environment.
Wireless Networt;IEEE 802.11;Packet Analysis;Monitoring
- "Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) Technology". ITAA. January 2004. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- Si-Choon Noh, "A Designing Method of Network Security Infrastructure", Journal of The Korea Society of Digital Industry & Information Management, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2006. 06.
- IEEE 802.11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications. (2007 revision). IEEE-SA. 2007. 06.
- Dong-Hoon Shine, Dong-Myung Shin, Kyoung-Hee Ko "Research preventative measures Wireless-LAN Security incident" Autumn Conference on Korea Institute of Information Scientists and Engneers Vol. 31, No. 2, 2004.
- Hyun-Chul Jung, Hee-jo Lee, "Study on Security Reinforcement Method by Wireless Security Status Survey and Analysis", Spring Conference on Process ing Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2006. 05.
- NIST 800-97 Establishing Wireless Robust Security Networks: A Guide to IEEE 802.11i.
- Kyu Won Lee, Jae Won Ji, Hyun Woo Chun, Sang-jo Youk, "Traffic Analysis Technique for Intrusion Detectionin in Wireless Network", Journal of Security Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 6, 2010. 12.
- Jong-Ho Lee, "Wireless-LAN Security Protocol", Kyohacsa, 2005. 08.
- Tae-Kyung Kim, "A Study on the Authentication Mechanism for Wireless Mesh Network", Journal of The Korea Society of Digital Industry & Information Management, Vol. 5, No. 2, 2009. 09.
- IEEE, "Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specification", IEEE Std 802.11, 1999.
- Matthew S. Gast, "802.11 Wireless Networks; The Definitive Guide", O'Reilly Networking, 2002. 04.
- The case study on wireless lan design technique for Bansong purification plant using network integrated management system and security switch vol.32, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2018.32.4.309