- Volume 32 Issue 4
The purpose of study was to evaluate effects for repetitive use of thumb according to two different input types (button and touch) of mobile phones. A total of eight young and healthy subjects (6 males and 2 females:
Repetitive Strain Injury;mobile phones;thumb;fatigue;force
- Korea Communications Commission, "Statistics for subscribers of a combined wire-wireless service (2011, Jun)," Korea, Jul. 2011.
- Ministry of Public Administration and Security, "Resident registration data and house status," Jun. 2011.
- Korea Teenager Development Institute, "Mobile telecommunication service of teenager usage service and research - With mobile phone and wireless internet as the center -," Jun. 2004.
- H.G. Lee, "Detection of variable predicting addicted use of mobile phone," Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, vol. 22, no.1, pp. 133-157, 2008.
- F.R. Ong, "Thumb motion and typing forces during text messaging on a mobile phone," in Proc. 13th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Singapore, Dec. 2008, pp. 2095-2098.
- M. V. Tulder, A. Malmivaara, and B. Koes, "Repetitive strain injury," The Lancet, vol. 369, no. 9575, pp. 1815-1822, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60820-4
- H.Y. Yoon, W.S. Yoon, and C.S. Nam, "A study on mobile phone using behavior by age group," Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 105-114, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2004.23.2.105
- D.Q. Kim, S.H. Cho, T.R. Han, H.J. Kwon, M.N. Ha, and N.J. Paik, "The effect of VDT work on work-related musculoskeletal Disorder," Korean J Occup Environ Med., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 524-533, 1998.
- V. Balakrishnan and P.H.P. Yeow, "A study of the effect of thumb sizes on mobile phone texting satisfaction," Journal of Usability Studies, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 118-128, 2008.
- D.L. Jindrich, A.D. Balakrishnan, and J.T. Dennerlein, "Effects of keyswitch design and finger posture on finger joint kinematics and dynamics during tapping on computer keyswitches," Clinical Biomechanics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 600-608, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2004.03.003
- M. Silfverberg, I. S. Mackenzie, and P. Korhonen, "Predicting text entry speed on mobile phones," in Proc. The ACM Conference on human factors in computing systems-CHI2000, New York, U.S.A, Apr. 2000, pp. 9-16.
- S.H. Park, K.I. Kim, and T.S. Yang, "Design optimization of UMPC keypad using human finger," in Proc. Conference of KSME, YongPhong, Korea, Nov. 2008, pp. 544-547.
- Y.S. Park and S.H. Han, "One-handed thumb interaction of mobile devices from the input accuracy perspective," International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 746-756, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ergon.2010.08.001
- Y.S. Park and H.S. Han, "Effects of touch key location and size on one-handed thumb input," in Proc. Conference of ESK, Suwon, Korea, May. 2007, pp. 305-309.
- C.H. Jung, S.H. Kwon, and S.J. Kang, "Usage evaluation of texting message for mobile according to location of key pad and center of gravity," in Proc. Conference of ESK, Busan, Korea, Nov. 2007, pp. 40-43.
- J.W. Kim, Y.R. Kwon, J.H. Lee, G.M. Eom, D.Y. Kwon, S.B. Koh, B.K. Park, and J.H. Kwon, "Measurement and comparison of finger tapping movement in patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and normal subjects using gyrosensor," J. Biomed. Eng. Res, vol. 3, no. 31, pp. 240-244, 2010.
- FlexiForce A201-1(0-450g), Telescan. inc.
- C.M. Choi, S.C. Kwon, W.I. Park, M.H. Shin, and J. Kim, "Development of a real-Time algorithm for isometric pinch force prediction from electromyogram(EMG)," in Proc. Conference of KSME, PyeongChang, Korea, Nov. 2008, pp. 1588-1593.
- C.M. Choi, M.H. Shin, S.C. Kwon, and J. Kim, "EMG-based real-time finger force estimation for human-machine interaction," Journal of the Korea Society for Precision Engineering, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 134-141, 2009.
- J. Staubesand, A.N. Taylor, Sobotta Atlas of Human Anatomy 1, Freiburg, Germany: Urban & Schwarzenberg, 1988, pp. 242-263.
- E. N. Marieb, Human anatomy and physiology, U.S.A: Addison-Wesley, 2003, pp. 153-154.
- S.H. Paik, Basic human anatomy, Seoul, Korea: Korea Nurses Association, 1998, pp. 132-136.
- E. Gustafsson, P.W. Johnson, M. Hagberg, "Thumb postures and physical loads during mobile phone use-a comparison of young adults with and without musculoskeletal symptoms," Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 127-135.
- 1. Comparison of Muscular Endurance Limit of the Thumb with Repetitive Using Between Adults and Children vol.34, pp.1, 2013, doi:10.9718/JBER.2011.32.4.312
- 2. The comparison of muscle activity according to various conditions during smartphone use in healthy adults vol.5, pp.1, 2016, doi:10.9718/JBER.2011.32.4.312
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단