- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Detection Technique of Partial Discharge by a Capacitive Probe in Cast-resin Transformers
몰드변압기에서 용량성 프로브에 의한 부분방전 검출 기술
- Jung, Kwang-Seok (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Park, Dae-Won (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Cha, Hyeon-Kyu (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Cha, Sang-Wook (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kil, Gyung-Suk (Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University)
- 정광석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 박대원 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 차현규 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 차상욱 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부) ;
- 길경석 (한국해양대학교 전기전자공학부)
- Received : 2011.01.24
- Accepted : 2011.03.28
- Published : 2011.04.01
This paper dealt with a partial discharge (PD) detection method for insulation diagnosis in cast-resin transformers. To detect PD pulse, a planar-capacitive probe was designed and fabricated. The probe has no insulation problem and can be installed on cast-resin transformers even in operation since it does not connect with high voltage conductor. The PD measurement system consists of the capacitive probe, a coupling network of 100 [kHz] low-cutoff frequency, and an amplifier with a gain of 40 [dB] and a frequency bandwidth of 500 [Hz]~45 [MHz]. A plane-needle and a plane-plane electrode system were fabricated to simulate insulation defects in a cast-resin transformer. Sensitivity of the PD measurement system, which is evaluated by a standard calibrator was 0.35 [mV/pC] for positive and 0.45 [mV/pC] for negative, respectively. The PD detection by the capacitive probe was less sensitive than that by a coupling capacitor according to IEC 60270, but we could analyze the magnitude and the phase distribution of PD pulse.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. Tenbohlen, D. Uhde, and J. Poittevin, CIGRE Session 2000 (CIGRE, Paris, 2000) p. 12.
- P. Agoris, P. Cichecki, S. Meijer, E. Gulski, and J. J. Smit, Proc. 15th Int. Symp. High Volt. Eng. (ISH, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2007) p. 7.
- G. S. Kil, S. W. Kim, D. W. Park, S. J. Kim, and J. M. Song, J. KIEEME, 23, 53 (2010).
- G. C. Stone, IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., 7, 9 (1991).
- J. Y. Yoon, K. S. Han, H. J. Ju, and S. G. Goo, J. KIEEME, 23, 798 (2010).
- T. Leibfried and K. Feser, Conference Record of the 2002 IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation (ISEI 1996, Montreal, 1996) p. 34.
- J. P. van Bolhuis, E. Gulski, and J. J. Smit, Conference Record of the 2002 IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation (ISEI 2002, Boston, MA USA, 2002) p. 22. https://doi.org/10.1109/ELINSL.2002.995866
- M. D. Judd, L. Yang, and I. B. B. Hunter, Sensors and Signal Interpretation, IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., 21, (2005).
- G. J. Pukel, M. Muhr, W. Lick, International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis (CMD 2006, Changwon, Korea, 2006).
- Wang Caixiong, International Conference on condition Monitoring and Diagnosis (CMD 2010, Tokyo, Japan, 2010).
- M. S. Naidu and V. Kamaraju, High voltage engineering 4th ed. (McGraw-Hill, New delhi, 2009) p. 364.
- F. H. Kreuger, Partial Discharge Detection in High Voltage Equipment (Butterworth, London, 1989) p. 129.
- T. Aschwanden, M. Hassig, J. Fuhr, P. Lorin, V. Der Houhanessian, W. Zaengl, A. Schenk, P. Zweiacker, and A. Piras, CIGRE Session 1998 (CIGRE, Paris, 1998) p. 127.
- International Electrotechnical Commission, IEC International Standard 60270, High-voltage test techniques-Partial discharge measurements (2000).
- C. Y. Park, D. W. Park, J. S. Choi, and G. S. Kil, J. KIEEME, 22, 786 (2009).
- V. Fister and H. J. Koster, 4th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering (ISH, Athens, Greece, 1983) p. 61.
- J. D. Kraus, Electromagnetics, (McGraw-Hill, New delhi, 1988) p. 392.
- J. Meppelink and P. Hoper, the 5th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering (ISH, Braunschweig, Germany, 1987) p. 71.
- Mazen Abdel-Salam, Hussein Anis, Ahdab EI-Morshedy, and Roshdy Radwan, High-Voltage Engineering Theory and Practice 2nd ed., (Marcel Dekker, Inc, New York, 2000) p. 235.