- Volume 2 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Axial Loading Behaviors and ACI 440 Code Applied Ultimate Axial Strength Formula of CFRP Strengthened Circular CFT Columns
탄소섬유쉬트로 보강된 원형CFT기둥의 압축거동과 ACI 440 code를 응용한 압축내력예측식 제안
Park, Jai-Woo;Hong, Young-Kyun;Choi, Sung-Mo
- Received : 2011.01.02
- Accepted : 2011.03.02
- Published : 2011.03.31
This study investigates the axial behavior of CFRP strengthened circular CFT columns and proposes the design formula of CFRP strengthened circular CFT columns. 10 specimens were prepared and axial loading test were conducted to investigate the retrofitting effects of CFRP composites on CFT columns. The main parameters are the number of FRP sheets and D/t ratio. Test results showed that the CFRP retrofitting enhanced the load bearing capacity of the circular CFT columns. Finally, A ACI 440 code applied ultimate axial strength formula is proposed to predict the ultimate strength of CFRP strengthened circular CFT columns. The proposed formula are good agreement with the test results.
concrete filled steel tube;CFT;FRP;strengthening
- A. Shaat., A. Fam.,., (2009), Slender steel columns strengthened using high-modulus CFRP plates for buckling control, J of composites for construction., Vol 13, No 1., pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0268(2009)13:1(1)
- ACI 440R-96, (2002), Guide for the Design and Construction of Externally Bonded FRP Systems for Strengthening Concrete Structures, ACI Committee 440, pp 27-28.2.
- A. Fam., S. Witt., S. Rizkally., (2006), Repair of damaged aluminum truss joints of highway overhead sign structures using FRP, Construction and Building Materials., Vol 20, pp 948-956. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2005.06.014
- Gu. W., Guan. C. W., Zhao, Y. H., Cao., H. (2004), Experimental study on concentically-compressed circular concrete filled CFRP-steel composite tubular short columns, Journal of Shenyang Architectural and Civil Engineering University, Vol 20, No 2, pp. 118-120.
- J. W. Park., Y. K. Hong., S. M. Choi., (2010), Behavior of concrete filled square tubes confined by carbon fiber sheets(CFS) under compression and cyclic loads, Steel and Composite Structures, An Inter Journal., Vol 8, No 2.
- T. C. Miller et al., (2001), Strengthening of a steel bridge girder using CFRP plates, Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Vol.6, No.6, pp.514-522. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2001)6:6(514)
- Y. Xiao., W. He., K. K. Choi.,(2007), Confined Concrete-Filled Tubular Columns, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol 131, No 3.
- Z. Tao., L. H. Han., L. L. Wang., (2006), Compressive and flexural behavior of CFRP-repaired concrete-filled steel tubes after exposure to fire, Journal of Constructional Steel Research., Vol 63, No 8.
- Z. Tao., L. H. Han., L. L. Wang., (2007), Axial loading behavior of CFRP strengthened concrete-filled steel tubular stub columns, JAdvances in structural engineering., Vol 10, No 1. pp. 37-46. https://doi.org/10.1260/136943307780150814
Supported by : 한국과학재단