- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Comparison of Android Dalvik and Java Virtual Machines
안드로이드 달빅과 자바 가상머신의 성능비교
- Lee, Jong-Hyuk (Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Shin (Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.12.08
- Accepted : 2011.01.13
- Published : 2011.01.31
In this paper we analyzed performance of Andriod's Davik virtual machine(VM) using standard benchmark and compared the result with the embedded Java virtual machine. We used a well known benchmark suit named SPECJVM for the measurement. For the fair comparison, Sun Java embedded JVM is ported and the same benchmark is ported on it. The Odriod smartphone hardware platform is used as the target hardware. We have added a Just-In-Time compiler to Dalvik, which is not supported in the recent Android release, and measured performance improvement. The experiment result show that Dalvik achieved 15% and Dalvik with JIT shows 63% of the Sun's JVM performance.
Android;Dalvik;Virtual Machine;System Software
Grant : 실시간 공중자료획득 시스템 개발
- T Suganuma, T Ogasawara, M Takeuchi, "Overview of the IBM Java just-in-time compiler", IBM SYSTEMS JOURNAL, VOL 39, NO 1, 2000.
- Matthew Arnold, Stephen Fink, David Grove, Michael Hind, Peter F. Sweeney "Adaptive optimization in the Jalapeno JVM", OOPSLA, 2000.
- Joshua Auerbach, David F. Bacon, Bob Blainey, Perry Cheng, "Design and implementation of a comprehensive real-time java virtual machine", EMSOFT''07, September 30 October 3, 2007.
- http://www.arm.com/pdfs/JazelleDBX_WhitePaper_20 07v1p1.pdf
- Ramesh Radhakrishnan, N. Vijaykrishnan, Lizy Kurian John, "Java Runtime Systems: Characterization and Architectural Implications", ACM SIGMETRICS, 2001.
- 정성화, 노태정, "SELinux 기반 안드로이드 보안시스템 구축에 관한 연구", 한국산학기술학회논문지, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 3005-3011, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.8.3005