- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Simulation Study on the Cascade Refrigeration Cycle for the Liquefaction of the Natural Gas : An Application to the Multistage Cascade Refrigeration Cycle
천연가스 액화를 위한 캐스케이드 냉동사이클의 전산모사에 대한 연구 : 다단 캐스케이드 냉동 사이클에 적용
- Cho, Jung-Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Yu-Mi (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2011.01.03
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
In this paper, simulation works for a multi-stage cascade refrigeration cycle using propane, ethylene and methane as refrigerants have been performed for the liquefaction of natural gas using Peng-Robinson equation of state built-in PRO/II with PROVISION release 8.3. The natural gas feed compositions were supplied from Korea Gas Corporation and the flow rate was assumed to be 5.0 million tons per annual. Supply temperature for propane refrigerant was fixed as
Multi-stage refrigeration;Cascade refrigeration;Peng-Robinson equation of state;Refrigerant;liquefied natural gas
- G, Venkatarathnam, "Cryogenic Mixed Refrigerant Processes", Springer, 2005.
- Saeid Mokhatab, William A. Poe and James G. Speight, "Handbook of Natural Gas Transmission and Processing", Elsevier Inc., 2006.
- Gas Processors Suppliers Association, "Engineering Data Book", Gas Processors Assication, 2004.
- 조정호, 김성태, 박종기, "PRO/II with PROVISION을 이용한 화학공정의 모사", 도서출판 아진, 2004.
- Peng, D. Y., and Robinson, D. B., "A New Two-constant Equation of State for Fluids and Fluid Mixtures", Ind. Eng. Chem. Fundam., vol. 15, pp. 58-64, 1976.
- 차규상, 이철구, 이영범, 이상규, "천연가스 액화 Cycle의 효율 향상을 위한 연구", '10 한국가스학회추계학술발표회 논문집, pp. 26-31, 10월, 2010.