- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Deflection Behavior of Concrete Members Reinforced with FRP Bars
FRP-보강근 콘크리트 부재의 처짐 거동
- Choi, Bong-Seob (Department of Architectural Engineering, Chungwoon University)
- 최봉섭 (청운대학교 건축공학과)
- Received : 2010.11.23
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
The effective moment of inertia revising the expression proposed by Branson has been used in ACI 440.1R-06 design guide for calculating deflections of FRP-reinforced concrete members. However, its adequacy has been questioned by several researchers. The propose of this study is to provide fundamental data for the rational design of deflection by the comparison of the experimental results obtained from twelve specimens with rectangular section and nine specimens with T-shaped section to the theoretical results. As a result, it found that calculated results for specimens with rectangular section were underestimated comparing to test results, while calculated results for specimens with T-shaped section were overestimated comparing to test results.
Deflection;Fiber Reinforced Polymer;Effective Moment of Inertia;Concrete;Tensile Stiffness;Modulus of Elasticity
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- ACI Committee 440, "Guide for the Design and Construction of Concrete Reinforced with FRP Bar (ACI 440.1R-06)". American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 44 pp., 2006.
- Branson, D.E., "Instantaneous and Time-Dependent Deflection of Simple and Continuous Reinforced Concrete Beams", HPR Report No. 7, Part 1, Alabama Highway Dept. AL., 1965.
- Ospian, C.E. and Nanni. A., "Current FRP-Reinforced Concrete Design Trend in ACI 440.1R", FRPRCS-8, Patras, Greece, 2007.
- Bischoff, P.H., "Deflection Calculation of FRP Reinforced Concrete Beams Based on Modifications to the Existing Branson Equation", Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE, V. 11, No. 1, pp. 4-14, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0268(2007)11:1(4)
- ACI Committee 318, "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318M-08) and Commentary", American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Michigan. 465 pp., 2008.
- Bischoff, P.H., "Effective Moment of Inertia for Calculating Deflections of Concrete Members Containing Steel Reinforcement and FRP- -Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement," ACI Structural Journal, V. 104, No. 1, pp. 68-75, 2007.
- Bischoff, P.H., "Reevaluation of Deflection Prediction for Concrete Beams Reinforced with Steel and Fiber Reinforced Polymer Bars," Journal of Structural Engineering. ASCE, V. 131, No. 5, pp. 752-767, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2005)131:5(752)
- Gilbert, R.I, "Discussion of Re-evaluation Prediction for Concrete Beams Reinforced with Steel and Fiber Reinforced Polymer Bars," by P.H. Bischoff, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, V. 132, NO. 8, pp. 1328-1330, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2006)132:8(1328)
- 심종성, 오홍섭, 주민관, 임준현, "이형 GFRP Rebar로 보강된 보의 유효단면이차모멘트 산정식 제안", 한국콘크리트학회 논문집, 20권 2호, pp.185-191, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.2.185
- Houssam, A. Toutanji, H. A. and Saffi, M., "Flexural Behaviour of Concrete Beams Reinforced with Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer(GFRP) Bars", ACI Structural Journal, V. 97, No. 5, pp. 712-719, 2000.
- Governing Design Factors of GFRP-Reinforced Concrete Bridge Deck vol.30, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.6.70