- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Mobile System using Adaptive Modulation Method by Channel Forecast
채널예측에 의한 적응변조방식을 이용한 모바일 시스템 분석
- Lee, Myung-Soo (Department of Multimedia Engineering, Andong University) ;
- Cho, Dae-Jea (Department of Multimedia Engineering, Andong University)
- Received : 2010.12.07
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
To improve drawback of existing modulation method, in this paper, we propose the channel forecast method using adaptive modulation which can improve throughput of channel. This method adaptively changes modulation method to the change of channel environments. In proposed method, channel's characteristics are measured in realtime to determine code rate to the changes of demanded channel's bit error rate. If bit error rate is increased, this method reduce code rate to maintain maximum throughput. We analysis performance of proposed method by Matlab.
QPSK;Auto repeat request;Forward error correction
Supported by : 안동대학교
- Liu, "Experimental Study on 42.7-Gb/s Forward Error Correction Performance Under Burst Errors", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 20, pp. 927-929, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2008.922374
- Lott, Milenkovic, Soljanin, "Hybrid ARQ: Theory, State of the Art and Future Directions", IEEE Information Theory Workshop on Information Theory for Wireless Networks, pp. 1-5, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/ITWITWN.2007.4318035
- Matsuoka, "Adaptive Modulation System with Punctured Convolution Code for High Quality Personal Communication Systems", IEICE transactions on communications, vol 79. No.3, pp. 328-334, 1996.
- Kai Xie, Wenbo Wang, "An Adaptive ARQ Technology for Fast Fading Channel", Proceedings on 2006 6th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, pp. 561-564, 2006.
- Ming Li, Tao Wen, "Hardware /software Co-design for Viterbi Decoder", Proceedings on ICEPT-HDP 2008, pp. 1-4, 2008.
- David Haccoun, "High Rate Punctured Convolution Codes for Viterbi and Sequential Decoding", IEEE transactions on communications, vol.37, No. 11, pp. 1113-1125, Nov. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.46505