- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development for the Azimuth Measurement Algorithm using Multi Sensor Fusion Method
멀티센서 퓨전 기법을 활용한 방위 측정 알고리즘의 설계
- Kim, Tae-Yeong (Electronics and Information Department, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Young-Chul (Mechanical and Automative Engineering Department, Kunsan National University) ;
- Song, Moon-Kyou (Electronics and Control Department, Wonkwang University) ;
- Chong, Kil-To (Electronics and Information Department, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2011.01.05
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
Presently, the location and direction information are certainly needed for the autonomous vehicle of the ship. Among them, the direction information is a essential elements to automatic steering system. And the gyro-compass, the magnetic-compass and the GPS compass are the sensor indicating the direction. The gyro-compasses are mainly used in the large-sized ship of the GMDSS(Global Maritime Distress & Safety System). The precision and the reliability of the gyro-compasses are excellent but big volume and high price are disadvantage. The magnetic-compass has relatively fine precision and inexpensive price. However, the disadvantage is in the influence by the magnetism object including the steel structure of a ship, and etc. In the case of the GPS compass, the true north is indicated according to the change of the location information but in case of the minimum number of satellites or stopping of a ship or exercise in the error range, the exact direction cannot be obtained. In this paper, the performance of the GPS compass was improved by using the least-square curve fitting method for the mutual trade off of the angle sensor. The algorithm which improves the precision of an azimuth by applying the weighted value according to the size of covariance error was proposed with GPS-compass and magnetic compass. The characteristic and the performance of the proposed algorithm were analyzed and verified through experimentation. The applicability of the proposed algorithm was shown through the experimental result.
Magnetic-compass;GPS-compass;Least-squre Curve fitting
- 이상집, 항해계기학, 세종출판사, pp.1-130, 1986.
- Alfred Hine, Magnetic Compasses and Magnetometers, Adam Higer Ltd., Great Britain, pp. 267-303, 1968.
- 이경민, 천세범, 이은성, 이영재, 강태삼, 지규인 "GPS를 이용한 운항중 자기센서 보정", 한국항공우주학회 학술발표회 논문집, pp. 224-227, 2004.
- 윤제준, "GPS수신기와 지자기센서 병행식 디지털 전자콤파스에 대한 연구", 목포해양대학교 대학원 석사논문, pp. 51-56, 2005..
- Application Note, "Electronic compass Design using KMZ51 and KMZ52", Philips Semiconductors.
- 홍창현, 선박용 지자기 보정 기능을 갖는 이동식 전자컴퍼스 개발, 대한전기학회 학술대회 논문집, vol. 2007, No.10, pp. 381-382, 2007.
- Steven C. Chapra, Numerical Methods for Engineers, McGraw-Hill, pp. 385-424, 2005.
- Jaan Kiusalaas, Numerical Methods in Engineering with MATLAB, Cambridge univ. press, pp. 123-170. 2007.
- Yuanlian Zhang, "GPS/DR Data Fusion Methods for Mobile Robot Localization and Navigation", Chonbuk National Univ., pp. 68-80, 2009.
- 손은호, "로봇의 위치보정을 통한 경로계획", 대한전 기학회 학술대회 논문집, Vol.2006, No.10, pp. 527-529, 2006.