- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Immunological Change of the Lymph Node and Lymph Follicles, Stimulated LPS in the Popliteal Lymph Node of the Early Postnatal Mice
Lipopolysaccharide 항원에 노출된 발생초기의 림프절내 B 및 T 림프구의 면역학적 변화
- Ahn, Keum-Sun (Department of Dental Hygiene Kyungbok College)
- 안금선 (경복대학 치위생과)
- Received : 2010.12.20
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
This study was designed to clarify the morphometrical change of lymph node, deep cortex and lymph follicles in draining lymph nodes of young mice in response to local injection of lipopolysaccharide(LPS). 1. In the group stimulated with LPS, aged 0 day and 3 days, the number of lymph follicles were not significantly different from those of control group. 2. In the group two to four weeks after injection with LPS, aged five days and one week, the number of lymph follicles were significantly increased from those of control group. 3. In the group one to four weeks after injection with LPS, aged 0 day, three days, five days and one week, the area of lymph node and deep cortex increased about 1.5-3 times more than that of the control group. 4. In the group two to four weeks after injection with LPS, aged three days, five days and one week, the lymph follicles(the area: larger than 0.1 mm2) were increased from those of control group. 5. In the group two to four weeks after injection with LPS, aged five days and one week, the lymph follicles(the area: smaller than 0.01 mm2) were increased from those of control group. In view of these experimental findings, the formation of lymph follicles were induced by LPS stimulation from 5 days to one week after birth. The newley formed lymph follicles area in response to LPS may be less than
Lymph Node;Lymph Follicles;LPS
- Fahy VA, Gerber HA, Morris B et al, "The function of lymph nodes in the formulation of lymph", Monogr Allergy, 16:82-99,1980.
- Sainte-Marie G, Peng FS, Belisle C, "Overall architecture and pattern of lymph flow in the rat lymph node", Am J Anat, 164:275-309, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1002/aja.1001640402
- Weissman IL , "In developmental aspects of antibody formation and structure" Academia Plague, 1:55, 1970.
- Markgraf R, von Gaudecker B, Müller-Hermelink K , "The development of the human lymph node", Cell Tissue Res, 225:387-413,1982. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00214691
- Gutman GA, Weissman IL, "Lymphoid tissue architecture. Experimental analysis of the origin and distribution of T-cells and B-cells", Immunol, 23:465- 479, 1972.
- Ham W, Cormak DH, "Histology. 8th ed, Philadelphia and Toronto", Lippincott, pp. 345,1979.
- Goldschneider I, McGregor DD, "Anatomical distribution of T and B lymphocytes in the rat. Development of lymphocyte-specific antisera", J Exp Med 138:1443-1465,1973. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.138.6.1443
- Belisle C, Saint-Marie G, "Tridimensional study of the deep cortex of the rat lymph node. II : Relation of deep cortex units to afferent lymphatic vessels", Anat Rec, 199:61-72,1981. https://doi.org/10.1002/ar.1091990107
- Hoshi H, Kamiya K, Takemoto R, Aijima H, "Formation of lymph follicles and germinal centers in draining lymph nodes after local injection of phytohemagglutinin and lipoplysaccharide in mice", Arch Histol Jap,47:505-518, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1679/aohc.47.505
- Klaus GGB, Humphrey JH, Kunkl A, Dongworth DW," The follicular dendritic cell : Its role in antigen presentation in the generation of immunological memory" Immunol Rev, 53:3-18,1980. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-065X.1980.tb01038.x
- Nossal GJV, Ada GL, Austinl CM, "Antigens in immunity. IV.: Cellular localization of 125I-and 131I-labelled flagella in lymph nodes", Aust J Exp Bio Med Sci, 42:311-330, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1038/icb.1964.32
- Kim Chang Hee, "Bacto aduuvant 면역보강제 자극 후 오금림프절내 림프소절의 변화에 관한 형태계측학적 연구" Kyung Hee University dissertation, 2006.
- Na Jong Du다, "Concanavalin A의 자극에 의한 생쥐오금림프절내 림프소절과 속겉질의 변화에 관한 형태계측학적 연구" Kyung Hee University dissertation, 2000
- Lee Jun beom, "Alteration of the clusterin expression in the spleen and the lymph node in the mouse", Korea university dissertation 2008.
- Kang Hyung Jeong, "Analysis of lymph node metastasis in early gastric cancer" Pusan National University, 2010.
- Park Jun Seok, "Comparison between in vivo and ex vivo injection fo blue dye in sentinel lymph node mapping for colon cancer"Chung-ang university dissertation, 2008.
- Villena A, Zapata A, Rivera-Pomar JM, Barrutia MG, Fonfua J, "Structure of the non-lymphoid cells during the postnatal development of the rat lymph nodes" Cell Tissue Res, 229:219-232, 1983.
- Clark SI, Schneider GB, "Role of the adrenal cortex in maturation of the lymphoid system and immunological competence; the effects of aminoglutethimide in sucking mice", Am J Anat, 137:231-256, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1002/aja.1001370302
- Schwander R, Hess MW, Keller HU, Cottier H, "The Postnatal development of lymph nodes in mice, "Immunobiol, 157:425-436,1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0171-2985(80)80012-X
- Eikelenboom P, Levenbach MGE, van der Brink HR, Streefkerk JG, "Development of T and B cell areas in peripheral lymphoid organs of the rat", Anat Rec, 194:523-538, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1002/ar.1091940406
- Imai Y, Dobashi M, Terashima K, "Postnatal development of dendritic reticulum cells and their immune complex trapping ability", Histol Histopath, 1:19-26,1986.
- Friedberg SH, Weissman IL, "Lymphoid tissue architecture. II. Ontogeny of peripheral T and B cell in mice. Evidence against Peyer's patches as the site of generation of B cells", J Immunol, 113:1477-1492, 1974.
- Joel DD, Hess MW, Cottier H, "Magnitude and pattern of thymic lymphocyte migration in neonatal mice", J Exp Med, 135:907-923, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.135.4.907
- Van Rees EP, Dijkstra CD, van Rooijen N, "The early postnatal development of the primary immune response in rat popliteal lymph node, stimulated with thymus-independent type-1 and type-2 antigens" ,Cell Tissue Res,250:695-699, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00218965
- Horie K, Hoshi H, "Induction of lymph follicle formation with several mitogens and adjuvants in the mouse popliteal lymph node", Histology & Histopathology, 4:17-25, 1989.
- Ahn HK, Hoshi H, Horie K, Nagata H, "Sites of lymph follicle formation in the draining popliteal lymph nodes of mice locally injected with antigenic and mitogenic substances" Histology & Histopathology, 5:493-504, 1990.
- Parrott DMV, De Sausa MAB, East J, "Thymusdependent areas in the lymphoid organs of neonatally thymectomized mice", J Exp Med, 123:191-203, 1966. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.123.1.191
- Yang UK, Ahn HK, "Lipopolysaccharide activation by antigenic stimulation changes and the formation of lymph follicles on the immunohistochemical study", Journal of Anatomy, 23 : 50- 61,1990.