- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Low Intensity Resisted and Aerobic Exercise Training on Blood Lipid in Chronic Stroke Patients
저강도의 저항운동과 유산소 운동 훈련이 만성 뇌졸중 환자의 혈중지질에 미치는 효과
- Lee, Dong-Yeop (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Sunmoon University) ;
- Cho, Nam-Jeong (Dept. of Physical Therapy, Hanlyo University)
- Received : 2010.11.25
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate effect of low intensity resistance exercise and aerobic exercise on serum lipid level in chronic stroke patients. A total of 37 chronic stroke patients were enrolled in this study. The participants were allocated randomly to 2 groups: the low intensity resistance exercise group(n=19) and aerobic exercise group(n=18). Low intensity resistance exercise group took exercise with low intensity resistance for 50minutes, 5 times per week over a 8 week period. Aerobic exercise group received only aerobic exercise. We measured serum lipid level to compare of effectiveness both exercises. Paired t test was executed to determine differences between pre and post exercise. For all analyses, a significant level set at p<.05. The low intensity resistance exercise group showed significant increase in TG, TC HDL-C and LDL-C(p<.05). The aerobic exercise group had significantly higher TC and LDL-C (p<.05). Theses results suggest that low intensity resistance exercise and aerobic exercise are feasible for stroke patients by improving motivation and interest. Further studies is necessary to clinical implication classified by onset time and disability level.
Stroke;Low Intensity Resisted;Aerobic Exercise;Blood Lipid
- 통계청. 사망 및 사망 원인 통계 결과, 2008.
- S. I. McFarlane, M. Banerji, M, J. R. Sowers. "Insulin resistance and cardiovascular disease", The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism, vol. 86(2), pp. 713-8, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.86.2.713
- M. I. Chimowitz, G. B. Mancini. "Asymptomatic coronary artery disease in patients with stroke", Prevalence, prognosis, diagnosis, and treatment. Stroke. vol. 23(3), pp. 433-6, 1992.
- American College of Sports Medicine Position Stand. "The recommended quantity and quality of exercise for developing and maintaining cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness, and flexibility in healthy adults", Medicine and science in sports and exercise. vol. 30(6), pp. 975-91, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-199806000-00032
- F. W. Booth, S. E. Gordon, C. J. Carlson, M. T. Hamilton, "Waging war on modern chronic diseases: primary prevention through exercise biology", Journal of applied physiology. vol. 88(2), pp. 774-87, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2000.88.2.774
- G. T. Thielman, C. M. Dean, A. M. Gentile. "Rehabilitation of reaching after stroke: task-related training versus progressive resistive exercise", Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation. vol 85(10), pp. 1613-8, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2004.01.028
- M. Liu, T. Tsuji, K. Hase, Y. Hara, T. Fujiwara. "Physical fitness in persons with hemiparetic stroke", The Keio journal of medicine. vol 52(4), pp. 211-9, 2003.
- 공성아, 한상완, "탄력 밴드 트레이닝이 뇌졸중 편마비자의 일상생활 수행능력과 관절 ROM에 미치는 영향", 한국특수체육학회지, vol. 16, pp. 117-134, 2008.
- ACSM. Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 123. 2006.
- 신군수, 이창우. "유산소 운동이 뇌졸중 환자의 혈압, 심박수 및 혈중지질에 미치는 영향", 한국체육학회지, vol. 42(6), pp. 773-86, 2003.
- 채정룡, 김형준, 안종후. "Circuit 운동과 Aerobic 운동이 농촌지역 중년여성의 체지방 요인과 혈중지질에 미치는 영향", 코칭능력개발지, vol 9(4), pp. 211-23, 2007.
- N. P. Pronk. "Shorttern effects of exercise on plasma lipids and lipoproteins in humans", Sports Medicine., vol. 16(6), pp. 431-48. 1993. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-199316060-00006
- J. L. Durstine, P. W. Grandjean, C. A. Cox, P. D. Thompson. "Lipids, lipoproteins, and exercise", Journal of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, vol. 22(6), pp. 385-98, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00008483-200211000-00002
- 김창완, 김용진. "12주간의 필라테스 메트운동이 Angiotensin-I, 혈중지질 및 신체조성에 미치는 영향", 한국스포츠리서치, vol. 19(2), pp. 207-218, 2008.