- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
International technology cooperation of EU -FP and EUREKA-
EU의 FP과 EUREKA 국제기술협력에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jin-Suk (Department of International Business)
- 김진숙 (남서울대학교 국제통상학과)
- Received : 2010.12.23
- Accepted : 2011.02.10
- Published : 2011.02.28
The economy of the EU left behind the US economy in many aspects and the gap is widening. One major reason that promoted the EU's leading position, is the ability to continuously advancing industrial technology and it's high level of competitiveness. The role as a powerhouse of technological development is nurtured by a systematic attempt of the EU commission to stimulate international cooperation. Although the EU is focussing its efforts on international cooperation between EU-member states, nonmembers, namely Korea, can profit from this policy as well and generate win-win situations for both cooperating partners. Despite the enormous benefits for the Korean economy that would result from close ties with the EU in terms of technological cooperation, academic research in this area is very sparse. The main focus of the Korean academic community has been on the US and Japan so far; the cooperation between Korea and the EU was rather ignored. The purpose of this paper is to shed light on the potential of technological cooperation between Korea and the EU. After an introduction, chapter 2 explains the technology and innovation policy of the EU. Chapter 3 introduces the Framework Program for Research and Technological Development of the EU. Chapter 4 focuses on small and middle sized businesses and examines EUREKA, the EU’s effort to coordinate pan-european research cooperation.
EU;FP;EUREKA;International Technical Cooperation
- 김진숙, EU권과의 전략적 국제기술협력 방안 및 정책적 제언, 2005, 산업자원부.
- 한.이 산업연구개발재단: 유레카 국제공동연구개발 세미나, Korea-Israel IT Brokerge Event, 산업자원부, 이스라엘 산업통상부, 2005. 11.23
- EU집행위, Brussel. 2007.
- A Worldwide Vision for European Research, EU 집행위.
- Building the ERA of knowledge for growth, Communiation from the Commission, Brussels, 2007
- Europa in 12 Lextionen von Pascal Fontain, Europaeische Dokumentation, Europaeische Komission Generaldirektion Presse und Kommunikation. 2008
- European Commission, Building Knowledge Europe: Framework Programme(07-13}. 2005
- Eureka Statistic 2008.
- Forschungsraum Europa 2010.
- Gesamtbericht ueber die Taetigkeit der Europaeischen Union, Brussel-Luxemburg, 2008. Europaeischen Kommission.
- Hill Richard, "We Europeans", Europublications, Brussels, Belgium, 2008, pp. 29-45
- Mowat, R.C., "Creating the European Community", Blandford Press Ltd., Harper & Row, 1973, pp. 1-30
- Strategische Ziele 2005-2010. Europa 2020: Eine Partnerschaft fuer die Erneuerung Europas, Wohlstand, Solidaritaet und Sicherheit, 2004.
- Studer THomas, Erfolgreiche Leitung von Forschungsinstituten, Hochschulen und Stiftungen, Hamburg, 2005
- Technolpolis Group, Bilateral international R&D cooperation polices of the EU Member Staates, 2008
- The European Research Area, Providing New Momentum, Strenthening - Reorienting - Opening up new perspectives, 2008, Communiation from the Commission, Brussels, 2008.
- Technology Platforms, from Definition to Implementation of a Common Research Agenda, 2004, DG for Research.
- Zoran Stancic, Reinforcing European Research Policy -The International Dimension-, Towards effective partnerships through Internationa S&T cooperation activities", DG for Research.