- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Client level QoS/SLA Management using UML and Ontology
UML과 온톨로지를 이용한 고객 등급 QoS/SLA 관리
- Ha, Yan (Dept. of e-business, Kyungin Women's College)
- 하얀 (경인여자대학 e-비지니스과)
- Received : 2010.10.05
- Accepted : 2010.11.08
- Published : 2011.02.28
According to increasing of accessing multimedia stream contents, Web services have become popular. However, these Web services are not supported with the same quality to Web clients who frequently access multimedia services. This paper proposes ontological technique to apply client level Quality of Service(QoS) that provides two different levels to serve Web service with proper quality by contribution value. And, it describes with UML(Unified Modeling Language) how to relate QoS and SLA(Service Level Agreement). Main contribution of this paper is to support client level QoS and SLA and to use Ontology for it. Therefore, this work uses an ontology-based approach to organize QoS and SLA, enabling semantic classification of all Web services based on domains and QoS and SLA attributes.
- Yan Ha, Hea-sook Park, "QoS based Client information for semantic Web service," IJSEIA, Vol. 3, No. 1, Jan. 2009.
- B.Statovci-Halimi, A.Halimi, "QoS management through service lavel agreements: a short overview," e&T heft, 2004.
- J. Altmann, P. Varaiya, INDEX:User Support for Buying QoS with Regard to User preferences, Sixth International Workshop on Quality of Service(IWQOS98), May 1998.
- Xiaohui Gu, Klara Nahrstedt, Wanghong Yuan, Duandao Wichadakul, "An XML-based Quality of Service Enabling Language for the Web",
- J.T. Park, J.W. Baek, and W. K. Hong, "Web-based Internet/Intranet Service Management with QoS Support," IEEE Communications Magazine. Vol. 39, No. 5, pp. 100-106, May. 2002.
- Glen Dobson, Alfonso sanchez-Macian, "Towards unified QoS/SLA ontologies".
- E.S. Hyun, Y.J.Rhee, and T.Y.Kim, "Differentiated HTTP for Differentiated Web Service," Journal of KIAA, Vol.28, no. 1, pp.126-135, March 2001.
- Y.J.Lee, E.S. Hyun, and T.Y.Kim, "Connection Management QoS Service on the Web," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.25, No.1, October 2002.
- J.T.Park, J.W.baek, and W.K.hong, "Web-based Internet/Intranet Service management with QoS Support," IEEE Communication magazine, Vol.39, No. 5, pp.100-106, May 2002.
- Carl Mattocks Esq, "Managing Medical Ontologies using OWL and e-business Registry/Repository"
- HeaSook Park, DooKwon Baik, "A Client Information Based Differentiated Web Service of Application Level," ITC-CSCC2003
- The OWL Services Coalition, "OWL-S: Semantic Markup for web Services," http://www.daml.org/services/.
- Glen Dobson, Russell Lock, Ian Sommerville, "QoSOnt: an Ontology for Qos in Service-Centric Systems".
- Guang-Xun Kim Woon-Soo Choi,Tae-Woo Lee, Joon-Suk Lee, Kyoung-Ok Koo, Yong-Hwan Cho, "Design of general-purpose middleware for QoS guaranteed Context-aware services on USN environment," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information," Vol. 15, No. 9, Sept. 2010. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2010.15.9.119
- Sang-Chan Jin, Eun-Joo Lee, "A framework to support reconfiguration of single Web service based on dynamic QoS properties," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information," Vol. 14, No. 4, Apr, 2009.