- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Spectator Mobilizing Power for 2000's Korea Movies Based on Construction of Network
네트워크 기반 2000년대 한국영화의 관객 동원력 분석
- 김학용 (충북대학교 자연과학대학 생화학과)
- Received : 2010.09.27
- Accepted : 2011.01.17
- Published : 2011.01.28
Movie network as a social network shows power-law distribution that is one of distinct properties in scale-free network. We constructed movie network from 799 Korea movies that screened from 2000 to 2009 and analyzed structural properties of the network. The 799 movies was classified three groups as a spectator mobilizing power. One million spectators mobilizing power movie was denoted the first class. The best 10 movie directors who produced at least three movies for ten years and had 70% the first class movie of them were selected. We also preferred the best 20 movie actors who played at least five movies for ten years and had 70% the first class movie of them. We re-constructed core movie network that composed the best 10 directors, the best 20 movie stars, and 157 movies that were produced by the directors or were played by the movie stars. We predict a possible combination of the director and movie actor as a category of the movie that has highly spectator mobilizing power. Here, we provide insight and method for producing high spectators mobilizing power movies
- N. Goldenfeld and L. P. Kadanoff, "Simple lessons from complexity," Science, Vol.87, No.5411, pp.87-89, 1999.
- R. Gallagher and T. Appenzeller, "Beyond reductionism," Science, Vol.87, No.5411, pp.79, 1999.
- L. Adamic and E. Adar, "How to search a social network," Social Net., Vo.27, No.3, pp.187-203, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socnet.2005.01.007
- A.-L. Barabasi and Z. N. Oltvai, "Network biology: understanding the cell's functional organization," Nature Rev. Gen. Vol.5, No.2, pp.101-113, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrg1272
- R. Albert, H. Jeong, and A.-L. Barabasi, "Internet: Diameter of the world-wide web," Nature, Vol.401, No.6749, pp.130-131, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1038/43601
- H. Jeong, S. P. Mason, A.-L. Barabasi, and Z.N. Oltvai, "Lethality and centrality in protein networks," Nature, Vol.411, No.6833, pp.41-42, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1038/35075138
- H. Jeong, B. Tombor, R. Albert, Z. N. Oltvai, and A.-L. Barabasi, "The large-scale organization of metabolic networks," Nature, Vol.407, No.6804, pp.651-654, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1038/35036627
- J. Stiller, D. Nettle, and R. Dunbar, "The small world of Shakespeare's plays," Human Nature, Vol.14, No.4, pp.397-408.
- S. Kim, "Complex network analysis in literature: Togi,“ Sae Mulli, Vol.50, No.4, pp.267-271, 2005.
- Y. K. Lee, H. I. Shin, J. E. Ku, and H. Y. Kim, "Analysis of network dynamics from the Romance of the three kingdoms," J. Kor. Conten. Assoc., Vol.9, No.4, pp.364-371, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.4.364
- D. Liben-Nowell and J. Kleinberg, "Tracing information flow on a global scale using internet chain-letter data," PNAS, Vol.105, No.12, pp.4633-4638.
- D. J. Watts and S. H. Strogatz, "Collective dynamics of small-world networks," Nature, Vol.393, No.6684, pp.440-442, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1038/30918
- R. Albert and A.-L. Barabasi, "Topology of evolving networks: local events and universality," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.85, No.24, pp.5234-5237, 2000.
- S.-R. Ryu and S.-H. Ryu, "Korean leading actors and directors network power analysis for audience stability 1998-2007," J. Kor. Conten. Assoc., Vol.9, No.9, pp.62-71, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.6.062
- J. W. Ryu and H. Y. Kim, "Analysis of extension pattern for network of movie stars from Korea movies 100," J. Kor. Conten. Assoc., Vol.10, No.7, pp.420-428, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.7.420
- B. Kang, K.-I. Goh, D.-S. Lee, and D. Kim, "Complex networks: structure and dynamics," Sae Mulli, Vol.48, No.2, pp.115-141, 2004.
- S. N. Dorogovtsev, A. V. Goltsev, and J. F. F. Mendes, "Critical phenomena in complex networks,' Rev. Mod. Phys. Vol.80, No.4, pp.1275-1335, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.80.1275
- Determinants of Multiplex Movie Theater's Box Office Performance :Focused on Facilities, Trade Area and Location Factors vol.14, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.04.110