- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Efficient Distributed Broadcast Schemes using Sensor Networks in Road Network Environments
도로 네트워크 환경에서 센서 네트워크를 이용한 효율적인 분산 브로드캐스트 기법
- 장용진 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 이진주 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 박준호 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 성동욱 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 유재수 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과)
- Received : 2010.10.12
- Accepted : 2011.01.17
- Published : 2011.01.28
In ubiquitous environments that numerous mobile objects exist, the location-based services have risen as an important application field. For efficient location-based services, various techniques with broadcast schemes have been studied. However, they were mainly concerned with the implementation of a broadcast index and did not consider techniques for reducing the size of the entire broadcast data. Therefore, this paper proposes a data distribution broadcast scheme based on sensor networks that considers the mobile patterns of an object in road network environments. In this paper we also propose a road network based sensor clustering technique for the efficiency of the proposed distributed broadcast scheme. In order to show the superiority of the proposed scheme, we compare it with the existing broadcast scheme in various environments.
Supported by : 충북대학교
- Zheng, B, Lun Lee, D, "Information Dissemination via Wireless Broadcast," ACM Trans. Comm., Vol.48, No.5, pp.105-110, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1060710.1060717
- Y. Yao, X. Tang, E. Lim, and A. Sun, "An Energy-Efficient and Access Latency Optimized Indexing Scheme for Wireless Data Broadcast," IEEE Trans. Knowledge and Data Eng., Vol.18, No.8, pp.1111-1124, 2006(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2006.118
- T. Imielinski, S. Viswanathan, and B. Badrinath, "Data on Air: Organization and Access," IEEE Trans. Knowledge and Data Eng., Vol.9, No.3, pp.353-372, May. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/69.599926
- J. Xu, W. Lee, X. Tang, Q. Gao, and S. Li, "An Error-Resilient and Tunable Distributed Indexing Scheme for Wireless Data Broadcast," IEEE Trans. Knowledge and Data Eng., Vol.18, No.3, pp.392-404, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2006.37
- J. Xu, W. Lee, and X. Tang, "Exponential Index: A Parameterized Distributed Indexing Scheme for Data on Air," In Proc. of the ACM/USENIX MobiSys, pp.153-164, 2004(6).
- Ku, W.-S., Zimmermann, R., Wang, H., "Location -Based Spatial Query Processing in Wireless Broadcast Environments," IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, Vol.7, No.6, pp.778-792, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2007.70791
- R. Szewczyk, A. Mainwaring, J. Polastre, J. Anderson, and D. culler, "An analysis of a large scale habitat monitoring application", In Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp.214-226, 2004.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, "Energy-efficientcommunication protocol for wireless microsensor networks," In Proc. of the Hawaii International Conferenc on System Sciences, pp.3005-3014, 2000(1).
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, "Distributed clustering inadhoc sensor networks: A hybrid, energyefficient approach," In Proc. of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp.366-379, 2004(3).