- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Fuzzy-based Field-programmable Gate Array Implementation of a Power Quality Enhancement Strategy for ac-ac Converters
- Radhakrishnan, N. (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Annamalai University) ;
- Ramaswamy, M. (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Annamalai University)
- Received : 2009.12.11
- Accepted : 2011.01.19
- Published : 2011.03.01
In the present work, a new approach is proposed for via interconnects of semiconductor devices, where multi-wall carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) are used instead of conventional metals. In order to implement a selective growth of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) for via interconnect, the buried catalyst method is selected which is the most compatible with semiconductor processes. The cobalt catalyst for CNT growth is pre-deposited before via hole patterning, and to achieve the via etch stop on the thin catalyst layer (ca. 3nm), a novel 2-step etch scheme is designed; the first step is a conventional oxide etch while the second step chemically etches the silicon nitride layer to lower the damage of the catalyst layer. The results show that the 2-step etch scheme is a feasible candidate for the realization of CNT interconnects in conventional semiconductor devices.
- G. N. Revankar, et.al., “Symmetrical pulse width modulated ac chopper”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. Contr. Instrum., Vol. 24, No. 1, 1977.
- K. A. Krishnamurthy, et.al, “Ac power control of an RL load”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. Contr. Instrum., Vol. 28, No. 4, 1981.
- Gyu-Ha Choe, et.al., “A new pulse width modulated method for ac chopper”, IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conf. Rec., 1987.
- K. E. Addoweesh and A.L. Mohamadein, “Microprocessor Based Harmonic Elimination in Chopper Type AC Voltage Regulators”, IEEE Trans. Power Elec., Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 191-200, April 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.53156
- P. N. Enjeti, P.D. Ziogas and J.F. Lindsay, “Programmed PWM technique to Eliminate Harmonics: A Critical Evaluation”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 302-316, March/April 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.54257
- Lin, B.R, Hung, T.L, Huang, C.H, “Single-phase AC/AC converter with capacitor-clamped scheme’, IEE Proceedings on Electric Power Applications, Vol. 150, Issue 4, 8, Page(s): 464-470, July 2003 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20030289
- Higuchi Tsuyoshi, Yamada Kenji, Ishibashi Toshiyuki, Yamamoto Eiji, Hara Hidenori, Kume Tsuneo, Swamy. M.M, “An Environmentally Harmonious AC-AC Converter that provides Sinusoidal Waveforms”, IEE Papers of Technical Meeting on Semiconductor Power Converter, Japan, Vol. SPC-04; No. 149-155; pp. 13-18, 2004.
- Rahmani L., Krim F., Khanniche M. S., Bouafia A., “Control for PWM ac chopper feeding nonlinear loads”, International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 91, No. 3, pp. 149-163, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207210410001672674
- Kawai Makoto, Ueda Akiteru, Torii Akihiro, Doki Kae, “Control Characteristic of Buck-boost AC Chopper”, IEE Papers of Technical Meeting on Semiconductor Power Converter, Japan, Vol. SPC-04, No. 74-92, pp. 93-98, 2004.
- Tanimatsu Hiroaki, Hiraki Eiji, Tanaka Toshihiko, Nakaoka Mutsuo, Yasui Kenji, Hirota Izuo, Iwai Toshiaki, Omori Hideki, “One Stage High Frequency AC-AC Converter for Induction Heating with Power Factor Correction Function”, IEE Papers of Technical Meeting on Semiconductor Power Converter, Japan Vol. SPC-06; No. 36-42.44-47; pp. 47-52, 2006.
- Rusalin Lucian R. Paun, “AC-AC Converters for UPS”,
- Fang Lin Luo; Hong Ye, “DC-Modulated Power Factor Correction on AC/AC Luo-Converter”, 9th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, Volume, Issue , 5-8 Page(s):1-6, Dec. 2006.
- Kirubakaran.D, Rama Reddy.S., “Closed Loop Controlled AC-AC Converter for Induction Heating”, Journal of Industrial Technology, Vol. 25, No. 2, June 2009.
- Garg.V, Singh.B and Bhuvaneswari.G., “24-pulse ac– dc converter for harmonic mitigation”, IET Power Electronics, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp. 364-374, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2008.0039
- Maswood A.I. and Firmansyah. E, “Current injection in a controlled rectifier under unbalanced supply and variable line and load inductances”, IET Power Electronics, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp. 387-397, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2008.0041
- Multiple harmonic-source classification using a Self-Organization Feature Map network with voltage–current wavelet transformation patterns vol.39, pp.19, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2015.03.045