- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Hybrid Optimization Strategy using Response Surface Methodology and Genetic Algorithm for reducing Cogging Torque of SPM
- Kim, Min-Jae ;
- Lim, Jae-Won ;
- Seo, Jang-Ho ;
- Jung, Hyun-Kyo
- Received : 2010.03.14
- Accepted : 2010.12.01
- Published : 2011.03.01
Numerous methodologies have been developed in an effort to reduce cogging torque. However, most of these methodologies have side effects that limit their applications. One approach is the optimization methodology that determines an optimized design variable within confined conditions. The response surface methodology (RSM) and the genetic algorithm (GA) are powerful instruments for such optimizations and are matters of common interest. However, they have some weaknesses. Generally, the RSM cannot accurately describe an object function, whereas the GA is time consuming. The current paper describes a novel GA and RSM hybrid algorithm that overcomes these limitations. The validity of the proposed algorithm was verified by three test functions. Its application was performed on a surface-mounted permanent magnet.
Response surface methodology;Genetic algorithm;Hybrid optimization
- Yubo Yang, “Study of Magnet Asymmetry for Reduction of Cogging Torque in Permanent Magnet Motors”, Industrial Electronics and Applications, 2009. ICIEA 2009. 4th IEEE Conference, pp. 2325-2328, May 2009.
- Hyun Kook Yi, Comparison of Experimental Design and Evolution Strategy for Optimal Design of BLDC Motor, M.A. Thesis, Pusan National University 2004.
- Jae Seok Choi, Hong Sik Kim, Jun Min Cha and Roy Billinton, “Nodal Probabilistic Congestion and Reliability Evaluation of a Transmission System under the Deregulated Electricity Market”, Proceedings of IEEE PES SM2001 Conference, Vancouver, Canada, July 2001.
- Chang-Eob Kim, “Optimum Design of BLDC Motor Magnet Using Genetic Algorithm and Response Surface Method”, Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 152-157, November 2004. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2004.18.6.152
- Laurent Jolly, M. A. Jabbar, Liu Qinghua, “Design Optimization of Permanent Magnet Motors Using Response Surface Methodology and Genetic Algorithms”, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, pp.91–92, Vol. 41, No. 10, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/INTMAG.2005.1463474
- Seong Hyun Woo, (A) study on the permanent magnet pole shape optimization for BLDC motor by using the LHS, M.A., HONGIK University, 2004.
- Hee Sung Yoon, “Shape Optimization of DC Solenoid Valve to Minimize the Time of Action Using Response Surface Method”, The Trans. of KIEE, Vol. 55-B, No. 9, pp. 449-458, Sep 2006.
- Nicola Bianchi and Silverio Bolognani, “Design Techniques for Reducing the Cogging Torque in Surface- Mounted PM Motors”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 38, No. 5, Sept.-Oct. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2002.802989
- Optimum Design Criteria for Maximum Torque and Efficiency of a Line-Start Permanent-Magnet Motor Using Response Surface Methodology and Finite Element Method vol.48, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2175207
- Minimization of a Cogging Torque for an Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine using a Novel Hybrid Optimization Algorithm vol.9, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.859
- Characteristics of PM synchronous motors according to pole-slot combinations for EPS applications vol.15, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-014-0123-6
- Artificial Intelligence versus Statistical Modeling and Optimization of Cholesterol Oxidase Production by using Streptomyces Sp. vol.10, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0137268
- Analysis on Correlation Between Cogging Torque and Torque Ripple by Considering Magnetic Saturation vol.49, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2240443
- Optimal design of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor considering the manufacturing tolerances using Taguchi robust design vol.8, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2013.0109