- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Honeybee-Keeping Management Types and Skills Level in Korea
양봉농가의 경영형태와 기술수준 분석
- Kim, An-Sig (Department of Technical Development, Hongseong Agriculture Technology Center) ;
- Seok-Eun, Kim (Department of Animal Resources Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Gye-Woong, Kim (Department of Animal Resources Science, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2010.03.26
- Accepted : 2010.10.13
- Published : 2011.02.28
For the improvement of productivity of beekeepers and to develop new management strategy through the analysis of current honeybee-keeping management types and evaluation of related skills and basis in Korea were surveyed. The serial surveys were carried out in 2008 for a total of 253 beekeepers from different localities in Korea. The results revealed that 145.9 colonies of honeybee were managed by each beekeeper in Korea. The beekeepers group who were younger than 55 years possessed 191.7 colonies. The older age group of beekeepers kept rather smaller number of colonies. The career groups over 15 years in apiculture were keeping 176.0 colonies in average. The numbers of bee colonies were not significantly different among localities and educational backgrounds. The migratory apiaries with 145.9 hives were dominant than those fixed ones with 83.0 (p<0.01). It was observed that 57.8% of apiaries were located in the vicinity of farmer's house, whereas 30.3% were managed in mountain area; however older group (65.4%) preferred to keep it near their houses (p<0.05). The proportion (35.7%) of part-time fixed apiary was the highest among four apiary management types. The younger group and high career group operated full-time migratory apiary (38.8% and 40.3%) (p<0.05), respectively. However, the older group and low career group preferred as part-time fixed one (43.2% and 46.6%), respectively (p<0.001). There was no significant difference among localities. The surveyed beekeepers produced propolis, commercial colonies, pollen, royal jelly, and pollination hives in addition to honey. The group of less than 15 years career and mountain apiary mainly produced propolis and pollen. However, those who dwell in small and middle areas mainly produced propolis and commercial colonies. The levels related to beekeeping skills and basis were evaluated as intermediate from 3.11 and 2.86 points on 5 points scale, respectively. More careered group having skill level of 3.33 point and basis level of 3.02 showed higher levels than less careered one. The levels of skill and basis evaluated from age groups and localities were similar with each other with no significance.
Honeybee-keeping;Management types;Skills level;Analysis
- Crane, E. 1990. Bees and Beekeeping: science, Practice and world resources. Oxpord: Heinemann Newnes. 614pp.
- Likert. 1932. Rensis Likert. Krell, R. 1996. Value-added products from Beekeeping. FAD, ASB. No. 24, Rome. 409pp.
- Roubik, D. W. 1995. Pollination of cultivated plants in the tropics. FAO, ASB. No. 118, Rome. 198pp.
- 고상인. 2000. 2004년도 벌꿀의 완전 수입자유화에 따른 양봉산업의 전망과 양봉경영의 개선 방향. 한국양봉학회지. 15(2):146-151.
- 김동식. 2001. 제주지역 양봉농가의 사육실태 조사연구. 제주대학교 대학원. 석사학위 논문.
- 박형기. 2000. 우리나라 양봉농가의 propolis 민간요법에 관한 조사연구. 한국양봉학회지. 15(2):121-130.
- 이종호, 우건석. 1995. 우리나라 꿀벌과 벌통에 서식하는 응애류에 관한 연구 II. 한국양봉학회지. 10(1):29-34.
- 이준호, 우건식, 이승환, 김승태, 김헌성, 정명표, 김효중. 2004. 우리나라의 양봉경영 및 양봉장환경 실태조사. 한국양봉협회.
- 이형래, 김정화, 최승윤. 1988. 주요 농작물에 대한 꿀벌의 방화활동과 화분매개효과. 한국양봉학회지. 3(1):68-80.
- 장영덕, 이만영. 2000. 세계 양봉산업 현황 및 전망. 한국양봉학회지. 15(2):154-165. .
- 최승윤. 2006. 양봉 꿀벌과 벌통. 오성출판사. 서울