- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on Genetic Evaluation using Genomic Information in Animal Breeding - Simulation Study for Estimation of Marker Effects
가축 유전체정보 활용 종축 유전능력 평가 연구 - 표지인자 효과 추정 모의실험
- Cho, Chung-Il (Department of Animal Life and Environment Science, Hankyong National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Deuk-Hwan (Department of Animal Life and Environment Science, Hankyong National Univ.)
- Received : 2010.06.09
- Accepted : 2010.10.20
- Published : 2011.02.28
This simulation study was performed to investigate the accuracy of the estimated breeding value by using genomic information (GEBV) by way of Bayesian framework. Genomic information by way of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) from a chromosome with length of 100cM were simulated with different marker distance (0.1cM, 0.5cM), heritabilities (0.1, 0.5) and half sibs families (20 heads, 4 heads). For generating the simulated population in which animals were inferred to genomic polymorphism, we assumed that the number of quantitative trait loci (QTL) were equal with the number of no effect markers. The positions of markers and QTLs were located with even and scatter distances, respectively. The accuracies of estimated breeding values by way of indicating correlations between true and estimated breeding values were compared on several cases of marker distances, heritabilities and family sizes. The accuracies of breeding values on animals only having genomic information were 0.87 and 0.81 in marker distances of 0.1cM and 0.5cM, respectively. These accuracies were shown to be influenced by heritabilities (0.87 at
Genomic selection;Animal breeding;Accuracy of selection;QTL;SNP
- Calus, M. P. L., Meuwissen, T. H. E., de Roos, A. P. W. and Veerkamp, R. F. 2008. Accuracy of genomic selection using different methods to define haplotypes. Genetics 178:553-561. https://doi.org/10.1534/genetics.107.080838
- Gianola, D. and van Kaam, J. B. C. H. M. 2008. Reproducing kernel hilbert Spaces regression methods for genomic assisted prediction of quantitative traits. Genetics 178:2289-2303. https://doi.org/10.1534/genetics.107.084285
- Goddard, M. E. 2008. Genomic selection: Prediction of accuracy and maximization of long term response. Genetica. Doi:10.1007/s10709-008-9308-0. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10709-008-9308-0
- Hayes, B. J. 2008. Course Notes ‘QTL Mapping, Mas, and Genomic Selection’.
- Hayes, B. J. Bowman, P. J. Chamberlain, A. J. and Goddard, M. E. 2009. Invited review: Genomic selection in dairy cattle: Progress and challenges. J Dairy Sci, 92(2):433-443. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2008-1646
- Haldane, J. B. S. 1919. The combination of linkage values and the calculation of distances between the loci of linked factors. J Genet 8:299-309.
- Meuwissen, T. H. E. and Goddard, M. E. 1996. The use of marker haplotypes in animal breeding schemes. Genetics Selection Evolution 28:161-176. https://doi.org/10.1186/1297-9686-28-2-161
- Meuwissen, T. H. E., Hayes, B. J. and Goddard, M. E. 2001. Prediction of total genetic value using genome-wide dense marker maps. Genetics 157:1819-1829.
- Meuwissen, T. H. E. 2003. ‘Genomic selection: The future of marker assisted selection and animal breeding’.
- Nielsen, H. M. 2009. Comparison of accuracy of genome-wide and BLUP breeding value estimates in sib based aquaculture breeding schemes. Aquaculture 289(2009) 259-264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2009.01.027
- Sved, J. A., 1971 Linkage disequilibrium and homozygosity of chromosome segements in finite population. Theor. Popul. Biol. 2:125-141. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-5809(71)90011-6
- Solberg, T. R., Sonesson, A. K., Wooliams, J. A. and Meuwissen, T. H. E. 2008. Genomic selection using different marker types and densities. J. Anim. Sci. 86:2447-2454. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2007-0010
- VanRaden, P. M., Van Tassell, C. P., Wiggans, G. R., Sonstegard, T. S., Schnabel, R. D. and Taylor, J. F. 2008. Invited review: Reliability of genomic predictions for North American Holstein bulls. J. Dairy. Sci. 92:16-24.
- VanRaden, P. M. 2008. Efficient methods to compute genomic predictions. J. Dairy. Sci. 91:4414-4423. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2007-0980
- Xu, S. Z., 2003 Estimating polygenic effects using markers of the entire genome. Genetics 163:789-801.