- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Surface Properties of Re-Ir Coating Thin Film on Tungsten Carbide Surface
Tungsten Carbide 표면에 코팅된 Re-Ir 박막의 표면 특성
- Lee, Ho-Shik (Department of Hospital Service & Biomedical Science, Dongshin University) ;
- Cheon, Min-Woo (Department of Hospital Service & Biomedical Science, Dongshin University) ;
- Park, Yong-Pil (Department of Hospital Service & Biomedical Science, Dongshin University)
- Received : 2010.12.22
- Accepted : 2011.02.13
- Published : 2011.03.01
Rhenium-Iridium(Re-Ir) thin films were deposited onto the tungsten carbide(WC) molding core by sputtering system. The Re-Ir films were prepared by multi-target sputtering with iridium, rhenium and chromium as the sources. Argon and nitrogen were inlet into the chamber to be the plasma and reactive gases. The Re-Ir thin films were prepared with targets having atomic percent of 3:7 and the Re-Ir thin films were formed with 240 nm thickness. The Re-Ir thin films on tungsten carbide molding core were analyzed by scanning electron microscope(SEM) and surface roughness. Also, adhesion strength and coefficient friction of Re-Ir thin film were examined. The Re-Ir coating technique has been intensive efforts in the field of coating process because the coating technique and process have been their feature, like hardness, high elasticity, abrasion resistance and mechanical stability and also have been applied widely the industrial and biomedical areas. In this report, tungsten carbide(WC) molding core was manufactures using high performance precision machining and the efforts of Re-Ir coating on the surface roughness.
- A. G. Kolmakov, V. N. Geminov, G. V. Vstovsky, V. F. Terent'ev, V. T. Zabolotny, E. E. Starostin, Surf. Coat. Technol., 72, 43 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0257-8972(94)02329-O
- F. B. Wu, W. Y. Chen, J. G. Duh, Y. Y. Tsai, Y. I. Chen, Surf. Coat. Technol., 163, 227 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(02)00616-3
- S. W. Kim, J. of the Korea Society for Heat Treatment, 23, 112 (2010).
- V. Petrovich, M. Haurylau, S. Volchek Sensors and Actuators A 99, 45 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(01)00896-2
- W. Yang, L. Zhang, Y. Hua, L. Cheng, International Journal of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials 27, 33 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2008.02.001
- M. W. Cheon, J. K. Lim, Y. P. Park, J. KIEEME 42, 368 (2004).
- H. U. Kim, S. S. Kim, H. J. Kim, J. H. Kim, J. KIEEME 20, 808 (2007).
- S. W. Kim, J. of the Korea Society for Heat Treatment, 17, 365 (2004).
- A. Naor, N. Eliaz, E. Gileadi, R. Taylor, The AMMTIAC Quarterly, 5, 11 (2010).
- J. S. Park, B. S. Park, S. D. Kang, K. H. Yang, K. K. Lee, D. J. Lee, K. M. Lee, J. Kor. Inst. Surf. Eng., 41, 88 (2008). https://doi.org/10.5695/JKISE.2008.41.3.088