- Volume 12 Issue 2
Soil nailing method was often designed by the slope stability analysis based on limit equilibrium. However, in the case of shorten length of nails, although the calculated factor of safety is within the design factor of safety, the horizontal displacement of soil nailed walls occurred above the allowable limit. In this study, relationship between the load and factor of safety, and relationship between the load and displacement ratio based on the test results were analysed. From the analysed results, the relationship between factor of safety and displacement ratio was estimated. For the mobilized horizontal displacement of the walls within the serviceability limit corresponding to the displacement of less than 0.3% displacement ratio, the calculated factor of safety by limit equilibrium analysis had to satisfy above 1.35. Also, although the minimum factor of safety is estimated above 1.35, the maximum horizontal displacement is often mobilized above 0.3% of excavation height. Therefore, it is necessary to perform the numerical analysis of soil nailed walls in the case of low shear strength or high excavation.
Supported by : 홍익대학교
- 강인규, 권영호, 박신영, 이승현, 김홍택(2008), 대형파괴재하 시험을 통한 쏘일네일 벽체의 거동분석, 한국지반환경공학회 논문집, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 51-60.
- Bruce, D. A. and Jewell, R. A.(1987), Soil Nailing: Application and Practice - part 2, Ground Engineering, Jan., pp. 2-38.
- Elias, V. and Juran, I.(1991), Soil Nailing for Stabilization of Highway Slopes and Excavations, United States Federal Highway Administration, Publication No. FHWA-RD-89-193, June. pp. 11-25.
- FHWA(2003), Geotechnical Engineering Circular No.7 - Soil Nail Walls, Publication No. FHWA-IF-03-017, p. 147.
- Juran, I., Baudrand, G., Farrag, K. and Elias, V.(1990), Kinematical Limit Analysis for Design of Soil-Nailed Structures, Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 116, No. 1, pp. 54-73. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1990)116:1(54)
- Schlosser, F., Gigan, J. P. and Plumelle, C.(1991), Recommendations Clouterre ; Soil Nailing Recommendations, French National Rearch Project Report, Ponts et Chaussees.
- Shen, C. K., Bang, S. and Herrmann, L. R.(1981), Ground Movement Analysis of an Earth Support System, Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 107, No. GT 12, pp. 1609-1624.
- Stocker, M. F., Korber, G. W., Gässler, G. and Gudehus, G. (1979), Soil Nailing, C. R. Coll. Int. Reinforcement Des Sois. Paris, pp. 469-474.