- Volume 22 Issue 2
Effect of Effluent Recirculation and Internal Return on the Performance of UASB Process
유출수 재순환 및 내부반송이 UASB 반응조 운전효율에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Jin-Hyok (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Han, Seong-Kuk (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kwon, Oh-Hoon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Yoon, Kyung-Jin (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Yong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- 김진혁 (충북대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 한성국 (충북대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 권오훈 (충북대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 윤경진 (충북대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 김재용 (충북대학교 환경공학과)
- Received : 2011.01.04
- Accepted : 2011.03.16
- Published : 2011.04.10
Dumping of wastes at sea will be strongly prohibited from 2012 by London Dumping Convention. So, finding the method for treatment of food waste at ground is needed urgently. The solution for above mentioned problem is the resource development from food waste leachate by using Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB) process. In this research, we try to find out the effect of effluent recirculation and internal return influence on organic removal efficiency and biogas production. Laboratory investigation was conducted for 25 days with only internal recycling, and then, effluent recirculation was performed. As the result of experiments, the organic removal efficiency was above 90%, and the content of methane was 78~80% during operating time. Also, when UASB reactor was operated to over the 3 Q effluent recirculation, there was not 1 N-NaOH consumption any more, therethrough the experiment was economically and stably carried out.
food waste leachate;UASB process;anaerobic digestion;granular sludge;biogas
Supported by : 충북대학교
- H. S. Shim, S. K. Han, S. H. Kim, and J. H. Youn, J. Korean Soild Waste Engineering Society, 8, 78 (2000).
- D. H. Kim, H. S. Shim, and S. E. Oh, Korean Society of Waste Management, 25, 716 (2008).
- B. H. Lee, S. J. Kim, and M. K. Jeoung, J. Korean Soild Wastes Engineering Society, 15, 485. (1998)
- B. H. Lee and M. K. Jeung, J. Korean Solid Wastes Engineering Society, 11, 429 (1994).
- C. H. Won, J. H. Kwon, and J. M. Rim, J. Korea Org. Resour. Recycl. Assoc., 17, 49 (2009).
- D. Zhow, Y. Chen, and X. Ming, Water Sci. Technol., 24, 123 (1991).
- F Cecen and I. E. Gonenc, Water Sci. Technol., 26, 2225 (1992).
- H. Bouallagui, R. BenCheikh, L. Marouani, and M. Hamdi, Bioresour. Technol., 86, 85 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-8524(02)00097-4
- P. L. McCarty and R. E. Mckinney, J. Wat. Pollut. Control Fed, 33, 399 (1961).
- G. Lettinga and P. Hulshoff, Water Sci. Technol., 24, 87 (1991).
- F. Rogalla, M. Badard, F. Hansen, and P. Dansholm, Water Sci. Technol., 25, 1067 (1992).