- Volume 22 Issue 4
Hydration Characteristics of Cement Containing Zeolite
제올라이트가 함유된 시멘트의 수화 특성
- Lee, Chang-Yong (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Youn Cheol (Major in Polymer Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Jib (Division of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- 이창용 (공주대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 김연철 (공주대학교 고분자공학 전공) ;
- 이종집 (공주대학교 화학공학부)
- Received : 2011.05.23
- Accepted : 2011.06.04
- Published : 2011.08.10
Hydration characteristics of cement containing zeolite mined at Daepo in Gyeongbuk province were studied for use as a mineral admixture. The cement paste containing zeolite was characterized by the measurement of heat evolution, XRD, EDS, nitrogen adsorption and mercury intrusion porosimetry. The cement paste containing zeolite exhibited tendencies toward acceleration of paste setting and promotion of cement hydration with the increase of zeolite content. The flow of mortar containing zeolite strongly reduced with increase of zeolite content. Compressive strength of the mortar containing zeolite increased very rapidly at an early age in comparison with plain mortar. These results would be related to aluminum species escaped from zeolite particles during the alkali dealumination of zeolite by the hydration process of cement.
Supported by : 공주대학교
- E. Vazquez, Admixture for Concrete Improvement of Properties, p.12, Chapman and Hall, New York (1990).
- B. H. Oh, J. Y. Uhm, D. H. Lim, S. H. Park, and S. W. Cha, J. of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 14, 783 (1994).
- S. Choi, K. M. Lee, S. H. Jung, and J. H. Kim, J. of Korea Concrete Institute, 21, 449 (2009). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2009.21.4.449
- V. M. Malhotra and P. K. Mehta, Pozzolanic and Cementitious Materials, p.45, Gordon and Breach Publishers (1996).
- N. Feng, C. Ma, and X. Ji, Cement Concrete Aggregates, 14, 93 (1992).
- B. W. Cho, S. W. Kang, S. K. Park, and J. S. Choi, J. of Korea Concrete Institute, 23, 203 (2011). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2011.23.2.203
- J. J. Choi, K. H. Lee, and C. Y. Lee, J. of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 16, 227 (1996).
- J. J. Choi, J. of Korea Concrete Institute, 10, 205 (1998).
- C. Y. Lee, J. J. Choi, and J. Y. Han, J. of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 17, 855 (1997).
- J. Y. Han, Master Thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea (1996).
- J. F. Young, 1980 Cement Chemists' Seminar, Portland Cement Association (1980).
- H. F. W. Taylor, Cement Chemistry, second edition, p. 24, Thomas Telford Publishing (1997).
- R. M. Barrer, Zeolites and Clay Minerals as Sorbents and Molecular Sieves, p. 347, Academic Press (1978).
- E. M. Flanigen, H. Khatami, and H. A. Szymanski, Molecular Sieve Zeolites, p. 201, ACS (1971).