- Volume 22 Issue 4
Effects of Activator on Rubber Characteristics for Gasket to Lithium Ion Battery
리튬 이온 전지용 개스킷 고무 물성에 미치는 가교조제의 영향
- Kang, Dong-gug (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, Hye-young (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.) ;
- Kang, Young-im (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.) ;
- Hur, Byung-ki (Research & Development Institute, Pyung-hwa Oil seal Industry co., LTD.) ;
- Seo, Kwan-ho (Department of Polymer Science, Kyungpook National University)
- 강동국 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부) ;
- 김혜영 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부) ;
- 강영임 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부) ;
- 허병기 (평화오일씰공업(주) 기술개발본부) ;
- 서관호 (경북대학교 고분자공학과)
- Received : 2011.04.09
- Accepted : 2011.07.03
- Published : 2011.08.10
Material of the gasket for lithium ion battery requires the chemical resistance, the electrical insulting property, the compression set, the anti-contamination level and the low temperature resistance. We compounded ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM), which showed widely different solubility parameter index, with adjusting the amount of metal oxide as an activator. We did long-term test and compression set against an electrolyte with consideration for operating conditions in lithium-ion battery. In these tests, we checked the physical, chemical characteristics and the effect to lithium ion battery with different kinds of activators. In case of rubber with ZnO as an activator, through 1000 h depositing test in propylene carbonate which is one of representative solvents, we could get the satisfying characteristics and result. However,
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. B. Shin and J. W. Park, J. of Energy Engineering, 18, 230 (2009).
- J. K. Jang and Y. S. Lee, J. of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 26, 97 (2009)
- Y. J. Heo and S. T. Ko, J. of the Korean Electrochemical Society, 12, 239 (2009). https://doi.org/10.5229/JKES.2009.12.3.239
- K. D. Baik and M. S. Kim, Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. B., 33, 207 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2009.33.3.207
- Y. G. Choe, The Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 24, 4 (2010).
- H. C. Jung and D. W. Kim, J. of Korean Powder Metallurgy Institute, 17, 175 (2010).
- K. H. Seo, K. S. Cho, I. S. Yun, W. H. Choi, B. K. Hur, and D. G. Kang, Polymer (Korea), 34, 430 (2010).
- K. H. Seo, K. S. Cho, I. S. Yun, W. H. Choi, B. K. Hur, and D. G. Kang, Elastomers and Composites, 45, 212 (2010).
- C. Chen, C. Xiong, J. Yang, and L. Dong, J. of Wuhan University of Technology-Materials Science Edition., 23, 50 (2007).
- Japanese Rubber Association, Handbook of Rubber Industry (1982).
- W. S. Ahn, Elastomer, 39, 179 (2004).
- J. H. Moon and Y. S. Kim, Elastomer, 35, 288 (2000).
- J. H. Yun and T. H. Kim, Elasomer, 35, 303 (2000).
- N. C. Beak, Elastomer, 24, 203 (1989).
- J. C. Choi, Elastomer, 13, 240 (1978).
- H. H. Choi, C. S. Lee, and G. T. Choi, Elastomer, 38, 57 (2003).
- Freudenberg Process Seals, Sealing Technol., 12, 5 (2009).
- A. Aroguz, J. Microscopy, 232, 3 (2008).