- Volume 22 Issue 4
Shear Thickening Behavior of Fumed Silica Suspension in Polyethylene Glycol
폴리에틸렌 글리콜 내에서의 흄드 실리카 현탁액의 전단농화 거동연구
- Park, Hye-Su (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Cho, Bong-Sang (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yoo, Eui-Sang (KITECH Textile Ecology Laboratory) ;
- Ahn, Jae-Beom (NoRoo Bee Chemical Co.) ;
- Noh, Si-Tae (Department of Chemical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 박혜수 (한양대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 조봉상 (한양대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 유의상 (한국생산기술연구원) ;
- 안재범 (노루비케미칼) ;
- 노시태 (한양대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2011.04.01
- Accepted : 2011.05.30
- Published : 2011.08.10
We made suspension of fumed silica in polyethylene glycol (PEG), studied rheological behavior as functions of contents of silica, dispersion condition, PEG molecular weight, temperature and contents of humidity. Rheological behavior of suspension was determined critical shear rate and rise of viscosity using rheometer AR2000. Suspension were PEGs of molecular weight 200, 400, and 600. Fumed silica suspensions of which silica contents are 5, 7, 9, 13, and 18% were prepared by normal mixing, homogenization and bead milling process. We observed their rheological behaviors at 10, 20, 30, and
- S. M. Yang, J. H. So, W. J. Kim, and D. K. Choi, Rheology and its application, The Korean society of rheology (2001).
- Y. J. Cho, J. R. Park, and T. J. Kang, Fiber Technology and Industry, 10, 51 (2006).
- S. R. Raghavan and S. A. Khan, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 185, 57, (1997). https://doi.org/10.1006/jcis.1996.4581
- H. L. Yang, J. M. Ruan, B. Y. Huang, Z.-C. Zhou, and J.-P. Zou, J. Cent. South Univ. Technol., 13, 1 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-006-0096-3
- J. H. Park, H. G. Kim, D. H. Han, J. C. Lim, D. H. Oh, and K. E. Min, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 103, 2481 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.23774
- S. R. Raghavan, H. J. Walls, and S. A. Khan, Langmuir, 16, 7920 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/la991548q
- A. Zupancic, R. Lapasin, and M. Zumer, Prog. Org. Coat., 30, 67 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9440(96)00670-4
- H. J. Wall, J. Zhou, and J. A. Yerian, J. Power Sources, 89, 56 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(00)00393-1
- Y. S. Lee, E. D. Wetzel, R. G. Erges Jr., and N. J. Wagner, 23rd Army Sci. Conf. Orlando, FL, Paper #A0-01 (2002).
- M. J. Decker, E. D. Wetzel, R. G. Erges Jr., and N. J. Wagner, 22nd Intern. Symp. on Ballistics, 777, (2005).
- Y. S. Lee, E. D. Wetzel, and N. J. Wagner, J. Mater. Sci., 38, 2825 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024424200221
- B. J. Maranzano and N. J. Wagner, J. Chem. Phys., 114, 10514 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1373687
- S. S. Shenoy and N. J. Wagner, Rheol. Acta, 44, 360 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00397-004-0418-z
- Degussa Technical Bulletins: Basic Characteristics of Aerosol (No.11); Degussa Corp., Akron, OH (1993).