- Volume 22 Issue 4
Preparation and Characterization of Polyvinylidene Fluoride by Irradiating Electron Beam
전자빔 조사를 이용한 Polyvinylidene Fluoride의 제조 및 특성
- Choi, Yong-Jin (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dong-eui University) ;
- Kim, Min (Department of Safety & Environmental Engineering, Dong-gug University)
- 최용진 (동의대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 김민 (동국대학교 안전환경시스템공학과)
- Received : 2011.01.14
- Accepted : 2011.04.26
- Published : 2011.08.10
For the purpose of introducing hydrophilic function to pristine PVDF, pristine PVDF was modified under atmosphere and aqueous vapor by irradiating electron beam (EB). EB dose was varied from 0 to 125 K Gray, respectively. Their changes of chemical composition /structure were observed and evaluated by FT-IR, EDS and DSC. Also, their surface behaviors were evaluated by contact angle. In FT-IR study, it was confirmed that hydroxyl functions were introduced to pristine PVDF. In EDS analysis, mole ratio of F (fluoride) was almost constant (about 33%) in spite of increasing EB dose, meaning that hydroxyl function was introduced via dehydrozenation, not via deflurodination. In DSC study,
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- E. Bormashennko, R. Pogreb, Y. Socol, H. Itzhaq, V. Streltsov, A. Sheshnev, and Y. Bormashenko, Optical Materials, 27, 429 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optmat.2004.04.015
- J. K. Shinda and P. M. Mujumdar, J. Sound Vibration, 265, 681 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(02)01601-2
- S. J. Kim and K. W. Yoon, J. Sound Vibration, 202, 461 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1996.0857
- L. F. Brown and J. L. Mason, IEEE Trans. on UFFC, 43, 4560 (1996).
- X. R. Zheng, P. T. Lai, B. Y. Liu, B. Lim, and Y. C. Cheng, Sensors and Actuators, A63, 147 (1997).
- M. Khayet, G. Chowdhury, and T. Matsuura, AIChE J., 48, 12 (2002).
- T. J. Reece, S. Ducharme, A. V. Sorokin, and M. poulsen, J. Appl. Phys. Lett., 82, 142 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1533844
- U. S. Patent 130,427 (1996).
- C. Mao, W. B. Zhao, A. P. Zhu, J. Shen, and S. C. Lin, Process Biochem., 39, 1151 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-9592(03)00225-5
- G. M. Qui, L. P. Zhu, B. K. Zhu, Y. Y. Xu, and G. L. Qui, J. Super. Fluids, 45, 374 (2008).
- S. T. Kelly and A. L. Zydney, J. Membr. Sci., 107, 115 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1016/0376-7388(95)00108-O
- C. Guell and R. H. Davis, J. Membr. Sci., 116, 47 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1016/0376-7388(96)00017-8
- N. A. Ochoa, M. Masuelli, and J. Marchese, J. Membr. Sci., 226, 203 (1996).
- A. Bottino, G. Capannelli, O. Monticelli, and P. Piaggio, J. Membr. Sci., 166, 23 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(99)00253-7
- H. J. Griesser, Y. Da, A. E. Hughes, T. R. Gengenbach, and A. W. H. Mau, Langmuir, 7, 2484 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1021/la00059a015
- R. Rye, J. Polym. Sci., Part B: Polym. Phys., 31, 357 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1002/polb.1993.090310314
- A. Oshima, T. Seguchi, and Y. Tabata, Radiat. Phys. Chem., 55, 61 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(98)00309-0
- F. Liu, B. K. Zhu, and Y. Y. Xu, Appl. Surf. Sci., 253, 2096 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2006.04.007
- C. Lee, K. Y. Kim, and B. H. Ryu, J. safety, 19, 26 (2004).
- B. Deng, M. Yu, X. Yang, B. Zhang, and L. Li, J. Membr. Sci., 350, 252 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2009.12.035
- R. T. Morrison and R. T Neilson Boyd, Organic chemistry 6th ed. in Japanese, Tokyokagaku Press, Tokyo (1994).