- Volume 22 Issue 1
Efficiency Characteristics by Mixed Absorbents for the Removal of Odor Compounds in the Wet Scrubber
습식세정탑 내 악취가스 제거를 위한 복합흡수제의 효율 특성
- Park, Young G. (Department of Chemical Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Kim, Jeong-in (Department of Industrial Economics, ChungAng University)
- 박영규 (대진대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 김정인 (중앙대학교 산업경제과)
- Received : 2010.09.06
- Accepted : 2010.11.10
- Published : 2011.02.10
It was found that the absorbent mixed with 2-aminoethanol and others has been applied to remove them via chemical neutralization. The absorbent of natural second metabolites was achieved by a removal efficiency of 20~30% by itself depending on treatment conditions, but the complex absorbent mixed with 0.2% amine chemical provides the removal efficiency of over 98%. Optimal removal efficiencies have been examined against two major parameters of the temperature and pH to remove ammonia and hydrogen sulfide gases. The chemical analysis was also performed to analyze the composition of an essential oil by GC-MS. The monoterpenes in an essential oil reacted with odorous compounds by neutralization and their reaction mechanism was partially elucidated.
Supported by : 대진대학교
- C. Chang and N. Shin, Treatment of Toxic Gas, 132, Dongwha Press, Seoul (1998).
- Y. Park, J. Indoor Environ Sci., 2, 54 (2007).
- N. Abatzoglou and S. Boivin, Biofuels, Bioprod. Biorefin., 3, 42 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1002/bbb.117
- Y. Park, J. Environ. Health Sci., 13, 7 (2004).
- J. Yang, B. Kang, T. Kim, C. Hong, W. Seo, and M. Choi, Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 17, 357 (2002).
- Y. Park, J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 22, 151 (2007).
- S. Sartori, W. Ho, D. Savage, and G. Chludzinski, Sep. Purif. Methods., 16, 171 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1080/03602548708058543
- E. Soda, Z. Han, and H. Matzuyama, AIChE J., 31, 1297 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690310808
- T. Kim, H. Park, and S. Kim, Korean J. Environ. Eng., 22, 651 (2000).
- M. Han, Personal Communication (2005).
- D. Green, Perry's Chemical Engineers Handbook, 8th Ed., 232, McGraw Hill, New York (2008).