- Volume 22 Issue 1
Development of Antimicrobial N-halamine containing Alkyl Chain for Paint
알킬기를 함유한 N-halamine을 이용한 페인트용 항균제의 개발
- Choi, Kwonyong (School of Chemical and Biological engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Tae-young (School of Chemical and Biological engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Yun, Sang-woo (Samhwa Paint) ;
- Yoon, Jeyong (School of Chemical and Biological engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Chan (School of Chemical and Biological engineering, Seoul National University)
- 최권용 (서울대학교 화학생물공학부) ;
- 김태영 (서울대학교 화학생물공학부) ;
- 윤상우 (삼화페인트) ;
- 윤제용 (서울대학교 화학생물공학부) ;
- 이종찬 (서울대학교 화학생물공학부)
- Received : 2010.09.01
- Accepted : 2010.10.26
- Published : 2011.02.10
Novel antibacterial N-halamine materials with alkyl group were prepared for paint application. Using E. coli and Fungi, antibacterial property of the dichloro hexyl isocyanuric acid (DCHICA) was determined and influences of the antibacterial agent's concentration and the bacteria test time on the antibacterial ability were also investigated. It was also observed that the film made using DCHICA showed better surface biocidal activity against the bacteria and fungi than that of dichloroisocyanuric acid (DCICA) in the absence of alkyl chains.
Supported by : (주)삼화페인트
- S. Schabrun and L. Chipchase, J. Hosp. Infect., 63, 239 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2005.10.013
- T. Benet, J. Hosp. Infect., 65, 182 (2007).
- Y. Inoue, Bacteriacide & Fungicide for a Comfortable Environment, 81, CMC, New York (1992).
- J. W. Hartings and J. H. Hagan, Journal of Cellular Plastics, March/April, 81 (1997).
- G. R. Blair, A. R. Wilson, and R. J. horn, SAE Technical Paper No.960512 (1996).
- Y. Gu, SAE Technical Paper No.980555 (1998).
- T. C. Frazier, J. Org. Chem., 58, 1944 (1960).
- A. K. Gupta, Medical Mycology, 40, 201 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1080/mmy.220.127.116.11