- Volume 22 Issue 5
Electrochemical Properties and Fabrication of Conjugated System Conducting Oligomer Self-assembled Monolayer
공액구조 전도성 올리고머 자기조립단분자막의 제작 및 전기화학적 특성
- Min, Hyun Sik (Department of Chemistry & Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Lee, Tae Yeon (Department of Chemistry & Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Oh, Se Young (Department of Chemistry & Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University)
- 민현식 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과) ;
- 이태연 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과) ;
- 오세용 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과)
- Received : 2011.08.10
- Accepted : 2011.09.15
- Published : 2011.10.10
We have synthesized a high electrically conductive 4-(2-(4-(acetylthio)phenyl)ethynyl)benzoic acid (APBA) with a conjugated aromatic structure as a bio fix linker, and then fabricated APBA self-assembled monolayer (SAM) with a self-assembly technique. The structure of the prepared APBA SAM was studied and electrochemical properties of APBA SAM immobilized with a ferrocene molecule were investigated. Also, we have examined the molecular orientation and oxidation-reduction redox characteristics of the mixed SAM consisting of APBA and butanethiol (BT) with a X-ray photo electron spectroscopy (XPS) and cyclicvoltammetry, respectively. Electrochemical activity of the mixed SAM was increased with increasing the mixed time. Especially, the maximum redox current was obtained at a mixed time of 36 hrs.
APBA SAM;electrochemical activity;molecular orientation;redox current;mixed SAM
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP), 한국연구재단
- J. C. Love, L. A. E stroff, J. K. Kriebel, R. G. Nuzzo, and G. M. Whitesides, Chem. Rev., 105, 103 (2005).
- F.-R. F. Fan, J. Yang, L. Cai, D. W. Price Jr., S. M. Dirk, D. V. Kosynkin, Y. Yao, A. M. Rawlett, J. M. Tour, and A. Bard, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 124, 5550 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja017706t
- L. A. Bumm, J. J. Arnold, M. T. Cygan, T. D. Dunbar, T. P. Burgin, L. Jone II, D. L. Allera, J. M. Tour, and P. S. Weiss, Science, 271, 1705 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.271.5256.1705
- J. G. Kushmerick, J. Naciri, J. C. Yang, and R. Shashidhar, Nano Lett., 3, 897 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/nl034201n
- D. J. Wold and C. D. Frisbie, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 122, 2970 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja994468h
- D. J. Wold and C. D. Frisbie, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 123, 5549 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja0101532
- D. J. Wold, R. Haag, M. A. Rampi, and C. D. Frisbie, J. Phys. Chem. B., 106, 2813 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp013476t
- S. Y. Oh, H. S. Jie, H. S. Choi, and J. W. Choi, Int. J. Nanosci., 1, 611 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219581X02000759
- S. Y. Oh, H. S. Choi, H. S. Jie, and J. K. Park, Mat. Sci. Eng., C 24, 91 (2004).
- S. Y. Lee and S. J. Lee, J. Jung, Ind. Eng. Chem., 9, 9 (2003).
- S. Y. Oh, H. S. Choi, H. J. Kim, and J. K. Park, Polymer (Korea), 29, 331 (2005).
- N. Nishida, M. Hara, H. Sasabe, and W. Knoll, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 36, 2379 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.36.2379
- T. Ishida, W. Mizutani, H. Tokumoto, N. Choi, U. Akiba, and M. Fujihira, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A., 18, 1437 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.582477