- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of High Pressure Regulator for Vehicle CNG
자동차 CNG용 고압 레귤레이터의 특성해석에 관한 연구
- Kim, Byeong-Woo (Department of Electrical Engineering, Ulsan University)
- 김병우 (울산대학교 전기공학부)
- Received : 2011.09.19
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
To increase the driving distance of a natural gas vehicle, the high pressure of fuel charge is necessary and the development of the device reducing the pressure to suitable pressure for fuel of high pressure. In this study, Pressure characteristics at the pressure regulator, which is very important for gas supply systems for vehicles, are investigated. Numerical simulations are carried out to quantify pressures at regulators for several flow rates and to investigate pressure drop, hysteresis losses at some parts in the pressure regulator. Moreover, this paper presents a new kind of hydraulic simulation which is composed of CNG regulator. Lastly, experiments are carried out to verify the effectiveness of the prosed mathematical simulation with various regulator components as in real working condition.
Pressure Regulator;Natural Gas Vehicle;Hydraulic Simulation
- M. S. Kwon,"Trend of Korea Automotive technology," KSME, 42(9), pp125-130, 2002.
- T. Muto., "Fundamental Study of Power Match Control of Hydraulic Power System," Bulletin of the JSME, Vol. 61, No. 586, pp.206-211, 1995.
- Control Valve Handbook, 3rd Edition, pp. 65-72, 2001.
- K. Kim, J. D. Jang, "Analysis of Dynamic Characteristics of Pressure Control System in Automatic Transmission," PKSAE, pp. 766-771, 2009.
- H. J. Tae, H. M. Kim, H. W. Lee, "Numerical Analysis of Dynamic Behavior in a Variable Pressure Solenoid Valve," TKSAE, pp. 70-76, 2003.