- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Sustainable Development of Urban Area in Green Belt -Focused on City Development of Sustainable Compact City Method
개발제한구역 내 도시의 지속가능한 개발을 위한 연구 -지속가능한 컴팩트시티형 도시개발을 중심으로
- Chung, Jae-Yong (Dept. of Architecture, Hongik University) ;
- Oh, Min-Jun (Dept. of Architecture, Hongik University)
- Received : 2011.11.17
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study suggests Compact City type urban development strategies and planning elements with the purpose of sustainable development. The suggestions are based on analysis of the development projects promoted in the cities within Green-Belt. Following are the findings of this study: First, in the late 20th century, Compact-City has been suggested as standard of sustainable urban development in the developed countries, and this promoted urban development plans were presented in detail. Second, The development plans are suggested plan elements by urban environment, space, community, and management. It was classified as an applicable element in Green belt and Compact City type. Finally, after comparing several city development projects (Gwacheon, Uiwang, Hanam), differences and Limitations between the Compact-City type urban development. Considering analysis of this study, urban development projects in Green Belt should be prepared to sustainable Compact city type urban development.
Green Belt;Compact City;Sustainable;City Development
- According to the Constitutional Court's ruling, the development restricted area is valid, but over a range of social constraints have caused a severe burden and this is to compensate for the lack of regulation that is inconsistent with the Constitution is explicit.
- In addition, Seocho-Gu, in 2009, "Kangnam roadside of the feasibility study for the development of a Compact city" has done research on.
- Gyeonggi research institute, "Thematic maps of Gyeonggi 2010", pp.28, 2010.
- Song In-Sung, "The industry-specific status and improvement of medium-sized cities", pp.36-37, 1992.
- Kim Jun-young, "Compact city : towards the city future of sustainable society", pp.16, 2007.
- UNCSD will hold the Rio+20 on june 2012, and as a key agenda 'the green economy for sustainable development and banishment of poverty' and 'institutional framework for sustainable development' has defined. So far, about sustainable development, understanding relationship between countries was sharply opposed, there were many problems in the implementation of the Convention. Through this meeting, sustainable development around the world will get to, and Is expected to solve new problems that occur.
- Joshua Arbury, "From urban sprawl to compact city: an analysis of urban growth management in Auckland", Geography and Environmental Science, University of Auckland, 2005
- Williams, K., Burton E. and Jenks, M., Achieving Sustainable Urban Form, E & FN Spoon, 2000.
- SGN, This is Smart Network, 2006.
- Kim Jun-young, "Compact city : towards the city future of sustainable society", pp.38-42, 2007.
- Kim Jun-young, "Compact city : towards the city future of sustainable society", pp.24-25, 2007.
- Cha Hak-bong, Land of Aging society in Japan to learn, pp.138, 2006.
- Gwacheon-si, 2020 Gwacheon Urban Master Plan, 2008.
- Uiwang-si, 2020 Uiwang Urban Master Plan, 2007.
- Hanam-si, 2020 Hanam Urban Master Plan, 2008.
- 2nd Green Belt Management Plan (2006-2011), the Governor of competent jurisdiction against the Green Belt will be established. Therefore, the local government to change the Green Belt Management Plan and approved by the Land Department can proceed with development.