- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Determination of Required Fire Protection Thickness Considering Steel Section Shape
강재단면형상을 고려한 소요 내화피복 두께 산정에 관한 연구
- Received : 2011.11.18
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
Surface area of the steel member exposed to fire differs according to type and size of the section and the kind of the member, which shows a big difference in the temperature rise of the steel by fire. The section factor (
Fire Resistance;Section Factor;Fire Protection;Fire Duration Time;Types of Steel
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology, The Development of the Durability evaluation and the Maintenance guide for Fire Resistive Structure, 2005 Final Report in Construction Technological Innovation Task, Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Evaluation and Planning, 2008.
- Building Code, Rule on Building criteria of Evacuation & Fireproof Construction etc., Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime, 2010.
- Approvement and Management Criteria of Fireproof Construction, Notification No. 2010-331 of the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime, 2010.
- Jee NY, "Review on the Fire Resistance Thickness of Steel Structures", Magazine of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, v. 6 n. 2, pp.25-38. 1994.
- Kim, HY , "Building Code System of Domestic and Foreign Fire Resistance Construction", Magazine of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, v. 15 n. 2, pp.31-42. 2003.
- Kwon IK, Jee NY, Kim HY, "Experimental Study on the Determination of Fire Protection Thickness through Section Factors of Structural Steels", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea(Structure & Construction Section), v. 18 n. 9, pp.125-132. 2002.
- Kim HS, A study on the fire resistance of axially loaded concrete filled steel tube coiumns with fire protection, Doctor's thesis, Pusan National University. 2011.
- KS F 2848 : Method for calculating fire protective thickness of structural steel according to section factor, Korea Standard Association, 2005.
- Experimental Study on Separate Evaluations of Fire Resistance of SFRM for Steel Beams and Columns vol.29, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2015.29.4.001