- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Detecting Shot Boundaries of Dynamic Images Using Certainty Factors
확신도를 이용한 동영상의 화면변환 감지
- Jang, Seok-Woo (Department of Digital Media, Anyang University)
- 장석우 (안양대학교 디지털미디어학과)
- Received : 2011.11.08
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
In this paper, we propose a new method to detect abrupt and gradual shot transitions of video data by using certainty factors. The abrupt transitions denotes cuts and the gradual transitions fade in, fade out, dissolve, horizontal wipes, vertical wipes, Barn Doors, and Iris Rounds. The suggested method first extracts representative features for each shot transition and determines corresponding shot transitions by integrating all the extracted features and inferring adequate transitions. To verify the performance of the proposed shot transition method, experimental results show that the suggested method can detect shot transitions more accurately than existing methods.
Feature Extraction;Abrupt Transition;Gradual Transition;Wipes;Certainty factor
- L.-H. Chen, Y.-C. Lai, and H.-Y. M. Liao, "Movie Scene Segmentation Using Background Information" Pattern Recognition, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 1056-1065, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2007.07.024
- S. Li and M.-C. Lee, "Effective Detection of Various Wipe Transitions," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 663-673, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.896621
- R. Joyce and B. Liu, "Temporal Segmentation of Video Using Frame and Histogram Space," IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 130-140, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2005.861285
- R. Zabih, J. Miller, and K. Mai, "A Feature-based Algorithm for Detecting and Classifying Production Effects," Multimedia Systems, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 119-128, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1007/s005300050115
- C. A. Dhawale1 and S. Jain, "Motion Compensated Video Shot Detection Using Multiple Feature Experts," International Journal of Graphics, Vision, and Image Processing, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 1-11, 2009.
- P. Campisi, A. Neri, and L. Sorgi, "Wipe Effect Detection for Video Sequences," In Proc. of the IEEE Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 161-164, 2002.
- A. F. Smeaton, P. Over, and A. R. Doherty, "Video Shot Boundary Detection: Seven Years of TRECVid Activity,"Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol. 114, No. 4, pp. 411-418, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2009.03.011
- K. Bunte, M. Biehl, M. F. Jonkman, and N. Petkov, "Learning Effective Color Features for Content Based Image Retrieval in Dermatology," Pattern Recognition, Vol. 44, No. 9, pp. 1892-1902, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2010.10.024
- F. Y. Shih, "Image Processing and Pattern Recognition: Fundamentals and Techniques," John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- J. Giarratano, "Expert Systems: Principles and Programming," Third Edition, PWS Publishing Company, 1998.
- D. Lelescu, D. Schonfeld, "Statistical Sequential Analysis for Real-Time Video Scene Change Detection on Compressed Multimedia Bitstream," IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 106-117, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2003.808819
- B. T. Jeon, "A Study on Analyzing Caption Characteristic for Recovering Original Images of Caption Region in TV Scene", Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol 10, No 4, pp. 177-182, 2010.
- Y. K. Jung, "Decision of Gaussian Function Threshold for Image Segmentation", Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol 9, No 5, pp. 163-168, 2009.