- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Reliability of the Ubiquitous Home-Based Simulator Developed for the Eerror Control
유비쿼터스 홈 기반의 신뢰성 제공을 위한 오류 제어 시뮬레이터 개발
- Lee, Si-Heung (Public Security Division, Korea Internet & Security Agency) ;
- Kim, Hong-Yoon (Division of Computer Engineering, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2011.09.09
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
Ubiquitous environment is expected to be result of researches and studies in ubiquitous home base on. However, because of the complexity of the ubiquitous home base on, the realization of error handling seems impossible. In this paper, we present how to detect and recover from these errors for the Ubiquitous Home utilizing a fault simulator developed for the study and through a variety of experiments, results were discussed and analyzed. Base on the said results, future works are also discussed.
Ubiquitous Home;Simulator;Error Control;Error Detection
- H. Oh, et al., "A Study of Context‐Aware Technology in Smart Home," Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the JSSD, Vol. 52, pp. 308‐309, 2005.
- "The Adaptive House Boulder, Colorado," http://www.cs. colorado.edu/-mozer/house/
- "Easy Living," http://research.microsoft.com/easyliving/
- "Aware Home Research Initiative," http://www.aw arehome.gatech.edu
- H. J. Lee and S. J. Kim, "A Standard Method-Based User-Oriented Integrated Architecture for Supporting Interoperability among Heterogeneous Home Network Middlewares," IJSH, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.58-64, 2007
- D. Heckerman, "A tutorial on learning with Bayesian networks," Learning in Graphical Models, MIT Press, Vol. 1, pp. 301 354, 1998.
- L. Rabiner, B. Juang, "An introduction to hidden Markov models," ASSP Magazine, IEEE, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 4-16, 2003.
- C. Angeli, and A. Chatzinikolaou, "On-Line Fault Detection Techniques for Technical Systems: A Survey," International Journal of Computer Science & Applications I(1), pp. 12-30, 2004.
- P. C. Utton and E. Scharf, "FDS for Fault Diagnosis in the Connected Home," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 42, No. 11, pp. 128-134, Nov. 2004.
- J. Park, et al., "Proactive Self-Healing System based on Multi-Agent Technologies," Proceedings of the Third ACIS Int'l Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications, pp. 256 - 263, 2005.
- W. E. Walsh, et al., "An Architectural Approach to Autonomic Computing," Proceedings of the International Conference on Autonomic Computing, pp.29, 2004.
- J. S. Park, M. K. Moon, S. G. Hwang, and K. H. Yeom, "CASS: A Context-Aware Simulation System for Smart Home," Proceedings of the 5th ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering Research & Applications, pp. 461 467, 2007.
- M. Kumar, B. A. Shirazi, S. K. Das, B. Y. Sung, D. Levine, and M. Singhal, "PICO: A Middleware Framework for Pervasive Computing," IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 72 79, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/MPRV.2003.1228529
- T. Gu, et al., "An Ontology-based context Model in Intelligent Environment," In Proceedings of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems Modeling and Simulation Conference, pp 270 275, 2004.
- P. Gray, D. Salber, "Modeling and using sensed context in the design of interactive applications," In Porceedings of 8th IFIP Conference on Engineering for Human-Computer Interaction, Toronto, 2001.
- P. Sung, S. Andreas and B. S. Mani, "SensorSim: A Simulation Framework for Sensor Networks," In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM international workshop on Modeling, analysis and simulation of wireless and mobile systems. Boston, Massachusetts, United States: ACM Press, pp. 102-111, 2000.
- S. Sundresh, W. Kim, G. Agha, "SENS: A Sensor, Environment and Network Simulator," In Proceedings of IEEE/ACM Annual Simulation Symposium, 2004.
- J. J. Barton, V. Vijayaraghavan, "UBIWISE, A Simulator for Ubiquitous Computing Systems Design", HP Labs Technical Report, Hewlett Packard Company, 2003.
- E. O'Neill, et al., "A Testbed for Evaluating Human Interaction with Ubiquitous Computing Environments," In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the DEvelopment of NeTworks and COMmunities (TRIDENTCOM 2005), IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, California, pp. 60-69, 2005.
- D. W. Ryu, "A Method for Generating Rule-based Fault Daignosis Knowledge on Smart Home Environment," Journal of The Korea Academia Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 10, No. 10, pp. 2741-2749, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.10.2741