- Volume 12 Issue 12
The study mainly aims to explore how deterioration of motor control center, namely MCC, and vibration put impact on temperature of bus bar as well as temperature change of bolt-nut joint. The motor control center consists of three internal parts (i.e. R, S, T) which are for motor operation of high capacity. Two dimensional mechanism for measuring temperature was designed and manufactured with infrared temperature sensor. Installing it in inner motor control center enabled researcher to monitor temperature of bus bar as well as amount of change of current regularly. Temperature change of bus bar according to load was primarily examined based on a bolted joint in the experiment. It was clearly verified that temperature change of bus bar was proportional to current consumption. Therefore, installing non-contact two dimensional mechanism for measuring temperature in motor control center would be expected to prevent temperature rise owing to overload current and power outage as well as fire accident which can be triggered by poor electrical contact.
Infrared Temperature Sensor;Motor Control Center;BUS BAR;Bolt-Nut Joint
- Dong-Woo Kim, Ki-Yeon Lee, Hyun-Wook Moon, Hyang-Kon Kim, Chung-Seog Choi, "Research on overheat protection techniques of connection parts of MCCB by poor contact" J. of Korean Institute of Fire Sci. & Eng. Vol. 22. No. 4, 54-60, 2008
- Hyun-Wook Moon, Dong-Woo Kim, Hyung-Jun Gil, Dong-Ook Kim, Ki-Yeon Lee, Hyang-Kon Kim, "Operating characteristic analysis of optic temperature sensor for overheat detection in panel Board" J. of Korean Institute of Ill. & EIE. Vol. 23. No. 10, pp100-106, October, 2009 https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2009.23.10.100
- Takayuki Yamashita et al.. "Overheat Sensing system using an Odor Detecter and Capsles CAN-NETSU-KUN", Hitachi Cable Review, No. 22, pp.66-69, 2003.
- Jeong-ho kim, "A Development of the contactless temperatuer measuring system using a pyroelectric infrared sensor", Dankook University, master's thesis, 1992
- Nationnal Electrical Code, 2005.
- Albert Livshitz, Dr. Belia H. Chudnovsky, Boris Bukengolits, "On-Line Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics of Power Distribution Equipment", Proceeding of exposition, Vol. 2, pp. 646-653, 10-13 Oct, 2004.
- Jeffrey H. Nelson, "Electric Utility Consideration for Circuit Breaker Monitoring", Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, Atlanta, Georgia, pp. 1094-1097, 2002.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원