- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Customer Loyalty and Word-of-Mouth Effect according to Character Trait of Patient in Dental Clinics
치과내원환자의 성격특성에 따른 고객충성도 및 구전효과 연구
- Received : 2011.10.26
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
Recently in the dental world, competition in the medical industry has been intensified due to the prolonged economic stagnation, the quantitative expansion of medical institutions, the enhancement of medical consumers'awareness of rights, and the diversity of medical consumer needs. Dental institution management of the difficulties is the requirement for dental institution to ensure competitiveness. So Word-of-Mouth marketing, which creates high marketing effectiveness with low cost, needs to be actively utilized as a new alternative to mass communication marketing. This research is to accurately grasp the target group of dental medical marketing activities through research on the degree of customer loyalty and Word-of-Mouth effects according to character trait of the patients visiting dental clinics, and to present the basic data for Word-of-Mouth marketing strategies from a viewpoint of practical business through presenting Word-of-Mouth promotion factors. To achieve this, questionnaire survey was conducted on 10 dental clinics located in Daegu for 4 weeks from April 11, 2011 to May 6, 2011 and 612 copies of responses to the questionnaires for final data for analysis were obtained. The results of the analysis are as follows. There were no significant differences in the degree of customer loyalty according to character trait of the subjects between the introverts and the extroverts, and the subjects with high market mavens propensity were found to show high degree of customer loyalty (F=5.243, p=.006). In the differences in Word-of-Mouth effectiveness according to character trait, there were greater differences in Word-of-Mouth experiences in the extrovert subjects (
Word-of-Mouth Effect;Customer Loyalty;Character Trait;Market Mavens
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation, Special Act on Designation and Management of Free Economic Zones, 2005.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Ministry of health and Welrare Year Book 2009, 2009.
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade, "Vision and strategy 2020 of Health care Industry", 2007.
- Yu Seung-Hum, "The Hospital Management", Gye Chuk Mun Wha Sa Publishing Company, pp. 62-67, 2005.
- Chung Jai-Hak , Kim Young-Chan, "An Analysis of WOM Effects on the Consumer Product Choice by Using a Hierarchical Bayesian Probit Model", Korea Marketing Research, 19(3), pp. 1-20, 2004.
- A. Parasuran, Valarie A. Zeithaml, Leonard L. Berry, "A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implications for Future Research", Journal of Marketing, 49(Fall), pp. 41-50, 1985.
- Sung Joon-Kyung, "Performance of Prirate Banking Systems Affected by Service Quality and Corporate Image" Department of Business Administration Graduated School Soongsil University, 2005.
- Thorsten Hennig-Thurau, Gianfranco Walsh, "Electronic Word-of-Mouth : Motives for and Consequences of Reading Customer Articulations on the Internet", International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 8(2), pp. 51-74, 2004.
- Lee Myeong-Shin, "The Effect of Patient Satisfaction on Recommending and Revisits to Dental Clinics", Department of Health Services Management, School of Business Administration Kyung Hee University, Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Yang Hae-Young, Song Kun-Bae, Ahn Sang-Hun, Jin Ki-Nam, "A positive word-of-mouth and its related factors among dental out-patients", Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 34(3), pp 346-353, 2010.
- Yang Hae-Young, "Analysis of the positive word-of-mouth, Quality of medical service and customer satisfaction of patients in dental clinics", The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 11(12), pp. 4928-4934, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.12.4928
- Kevin Lane Keller, "Conceptualizing, Measuring, Managing Customer-based Brand Equity", Journal of Marketing, 57(1), pp. 1-22, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252054
- Seigyoung Auh, Michael D. Johnson, "Compatibility Effects in Evaluations of Satisfaction and Loyalty" Journal of Economic Psychology, 26(1), pp. 35-57, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joep.2003.10.002
- Lee Eun-Jae, Shim Seop-Wan, "An Empirical Study on WOM Effects in On-Line" International Commerce and Information Review, 10(4), pp. 63-79, 2008.
- Lawrence F. Feick, Linda L. Price, "The Market maven: A Diffusen of marketplace imformation", Journal of Marketing, 51(1), pp. 83-97, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251146
- Kim Jeong-taek, Shim Hye-suk, Jae Seok-bong, "MBTI Manual (A guide to the development and use of the Myers Briggs type indicator)", Seoul : Korean Psychological Testing Institute", pp. 7, 2007.
- Simon Knox, David Walker, "Measuring and Managing Brand loyalty", Journal of Strategic Marketing, 9(2), pp. 111-128, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/713775733
- Phillip K. Hellier, Gus M. Geursen, Rodney A. Carr, John A. Rickard, "Customer Repurchase Intention : A General Structural Equation Moder", European Journal of Marketing, 37(11/12), pp. 1762-1800, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310495456
- Bae Jin-Han, "The Effect of User"s Personality (introversion-extroversion) on Interpersonal Communication Media Uses : Face-to-face Communication, Internet and Mobile Phone Uses", Communication Sciences Research, 5(3), pp. 303-336, 2005.
- Ronald E. Goldsmith, Leisa R. Flynn, Elizabeth. B. Goldsmith "Innovattive consumers and market mavens", Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 11(4), pp. 54-65, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2003.11658508
- Ma Yoon-Jin, Koh Ae-Ran, "Transactions : A Study on Evaluation of Salesperson's Service and Purchase Behavior as related to Customer's Personality type", Journal of the Korea Society of Clothing and Texiles, 25(6), pp. 1155-1166, 2001.
- Lee Young-Seon, Kim Dae-Sik, Park Je-il , Cheon Seong-Moon, "A Relation Study on the Personality Types and Consumer decision making process at Purchasing", Chonbuk National University Scial Science Research Institute, 27, pp. 200-220, 2001.
- Brian T. Engelland, Christopher D. Hopkins, "Market Mavenship as an Influencer of service quality evaluation", Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 9(4), pp. 15-26, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2001.11501900
- Whang Eun-Young, "Factor Influencing on the Customer Loyalty of clinic Patients", graduate school of administration sungkunkwan university, Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Seigyoung Auh, Michael D. Johnson, "Compatibility effects in evaluations of satisfaction and loyalty", Journal of Economic Psychology, 26(1), pp. 35-57, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joep.2003.10.002
- Yooshik Yoon, Muzaffer Uysal, "An examination of the effects of motivation and satisfaction of destination loyalty: a structural model, Tourism Management, 26(1), pp. 45-56, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2003.08.016
- Kim Sug-Joo, "A Study of WOM Communication Effects on the Medical Service Users' Choice in Decision of Hasphital Service", Department of Public He미소 Administration, Graduate School Inje University, Master's Thesis, 2007.
- Song Eun-Ha, "A Study on Characteristics and Types of Word of Mouth Influencers in Word of Mouth Marketing", Majoi in Advertising and Public Relations The Graduate School of Journalism and Mass Communication Yonsei University, Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Goo Ja-Ryong, "Applications buzz, viral marketing", Korea Industrial Marketing Institute, 41(7), pp. 30-41, 2007.
- Lee Wha-In, "The Formation and Consequences of Customer Loyalty in the Hospitality Industry: True Loyalty vs Spurious Loyalty", International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 30(1), pp. 337-358, 2006.
- Frederick F. Reichheld, "Learning from customer defections", Harvard Business Review, 74(2), pp. 56-69, 1996.
- Yi You-Jae, Lee Cheong-Lim, "The Role of Customer Loyalty Variables in the Effects of Customer Sctisfaction on Frim's Performance", Korea Marketing Research, March, pp. 81-102, 2007.
- Marsden, Paul., Alain Samson., and Neville Upton "Advocacy drives growth" Journal of Brand Strategy, November, pp. 45-47, 2005.
- Renee Edwardsa, Richard Bellob, Frances Brandau‐ Brownc, Diane Hollemsd, "The effects of loneliness and verbal aggressiveness on message interpretation", Southern Communication Journal, 66, pp. 139-150, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/10417940109373193
- John C Mowen, Sojin Park, Alex Zablah, "Toward a theory of motivation and personality with application to word-of-mouth communications", Journal of Business Research, 60(6), pp. 590-596, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.06.007
- Ronald E Goldsmith, Leisa R Flynn, Elizabeth B Goldsmith, "Innovative consumers and market mavens", Journal of Marketing Theory Practice, 11(4), pp. 54-64, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2003.11658508
- Complex relationship between Hospital management performance and the degree of the regional competition (Focusing on the Regional Public Hospital) vol.13, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.405
Supported by : 대구과학대학교