- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Factors Affecting the Oral Health Promotion Behavior of middle school students based on subjective oral health
중학생들의 주관적 구강건강 상태에 따른 구강건강증진행위 영향요인 분석
- Lee, Eun-Kyoung (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Busan Womens College) ;
- Cho, Mi-Suk (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Masan College) ;
- Lim, Hyun-Ju (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Dong Ju College)
- Received : 2011.10.18
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study was carried out in order to be used as basic data in developing oral health program for adolescents hereafter by surveying which influence it has upon oral health knowledge and recognition depending on students' subjective oral health status targeting middle school students. First of all, examining about students' subjective oral health status, the 2nd graders accounted for 36.2% depending on school year, thereby having been indicated to be high in response as saying of being healthy in own teeth. It was indicated that the higher level of brushing teeth after lunch at school leads to the higher response as saying of being healthy in own teeth(p<0.05). The group with response as saying of healthy in own teeth was indicated to be higher in regularly visiting once or twice a year as the period of visiting dental clinic, and was indicated to be higher(p<0.001) in a visit for oral check-up even as for the aim of visiting dental clinic than other groups. Accordingly, the aim is to offer an opportunity of motivation that students will have interest in oral health, by carrying out continuously oral health education, and is also to increase knowledge and awareness level on oral health by allowing them to have positive attitude toward oral health.
Middle school students;subjective oral health;education experience
Supported by : 부산여자대학
- S. H. Hong. "A Research on Recognition of Oral Health Based on Oral Health Education for Adolescents in Some Reformatories", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science. Vol. 7 No.3. pp. 187-191. 2007.
- S. H. Kim et al. "A Survey of the Health Risk Behaviors of Some High School Students in Taegu", The Korean public health association , Vol. 26, No 1, pp. 38-45. 2000.
- J. B. Kim, et al., "The Korean National Oral Health Survey 2006", pp. 60, 98, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2006.
- K. M. Goo, et al., "Oral Health Education", pp. 8, Komoonsa Medicacal Science, 2010.
- K. W. Jang, et al., "Oral Health Education", pp. 190-191, Komoonsa Medicacal Science, 2010.
- J. B. Kim, et al, "Pubic Health Dentistry ", pp. 429-441, Komoonsa Medicacal Science, 2009.
- K. W. Jang, et al., "Oral Health Education", pp. 184-185, Komoonsa Medicacal Science, 2010.
- H. J. Lee, et al., "The case study on the effects of oral health education on primary school children", The Journal of the Korean academy of dental health, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 449-463, 2004.
- H, S, Lee., "The Demand and Actual Condition of Oral Health Education for Dental Hygienists", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 95-104, 2006.
- J. B. Kim, et al., A Study on the knowledge, oponions and practices about oral health of workers in Korea", The Journal of the Korean academy of dental health, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 21-34, 1999.
- S. M. Lee, "A study on some college student's awareness of oral health and relevant influential factors", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 41-51, 2007.
- J. Y. Kim,, "The Significant Caries(SiC) Index of High School Students in Ulsan City", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 19-22, 2006.
- K, J. Ryu. "A research on recognition of oral health care among some high school students", Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 925-933, 2010.
- K. W. Kim. "The percentage of adolescents who brush their teeth after Lunch and its related factors", Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 441-448, 2010.
- S. J, Moon. et al., "A study on a survey of recognition Level of oral health in elementary-school teachers in Jinhae city". J Korean Acad Dental Hygiene Education, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 283-295, 2010.
- S. J. Shin, et al., "The relation between dental health behaviors and socioeconomic status among Korean adolescents", The Journal of the Korean academy of dental health, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 223-230, 2008.
- S. M. Lee, et al., "Relationship between oral-related knowledge and OHIP (Oral Health Impact Profile) in some high school students", Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 877-885. 2010.