- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Low Power Laser Therapy on Facial Skin Melanin and Elasticity
저출력 레이저 요법이 안면피부 탄력도와 멜라닌 양에 미치는 효과
- Ahn, Kyung-Min (Sahmyook Health University Cosmetology) ;
- Kim, Ye-Jean (Sahmyook Health University Nursing)
- Received : 2011.10.25
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study aims to provide fundamental data to develop anti-aging programs in the aspect of skin care. To attain the goal, manual therapy and low-power laser therapy were conducted separately to 8 women inthe 40's and 50's. They received the facial massage total 8 times twice a week for 4 weeks. According to the result of calculating the average and standard deviation by measuring skin elasticity of the area below their eyes and cheeks and also melanin around eyes and cheeks and conducting comparative analysis, both groups showed significant increase in elasticity and their melanin decreased significantly. The low-power laser therapy showed higher values than the manual therapy both in elasticity increase and melanin reduction; thus, it was analyzed that the low-power laser therapy more highly affects skin elasticity and the amount of melanin in facial skin is greater than that in manual therapy. Therefore, it was analyzed that skin care using low level laser can be significant in anti-aging of facial skin and can be utilized as a program for a new type of skin care.
Anti-aging;Manual therapy;Low-power laser;Elasticity;Melanin
Supported by : 삼육보건대학교
- Kim Eun Hee, "A Study on the Connection between Stress and Skin Conditions," Master's thesis submitted to Sookmyung Women's University Open Graduate School, 2004.
- Lee Jeong Deok, "Aging and skin barrier," The Korean Society of Skin Barrier Research, 11(1), p.52, 2006.
- Gendle EC, "Topical treatment of the aging face", Dermatol Clin 15, p.561-567, 1997.
- Jeong Sun Joh, "The Effect of Myofascial Release Massage on the Skin of Middle-Aged Women," Master's thesis submitted to Graduate School of Engineering, Konkuk University, 2009.
- Lee Seung Hee, "The Effect of Manual Therapy on the Change in Skin Elasticity," Master's thesis submitted to Graduate School of Cosmetic Science, Kwangju Women's University, 2005.
- Kim Lan, Kim Han Shik, "The Effect of Massage Techniques on Skin Conditions of Face," Korean Aesthetic Society, 6(2), p.95-105, 2008.
- Um Su Jeong, "The Effect of Skincare and Clothing Attitude on Self Esteem," Master's thesis submitted to Daegu Haany University Graduate School, 2005.
- Jang Tae Su, Kim Bong In, Choi Bong Im, Machinery sincare, Gomunsa, Seoul, P.75-77, 2000.
- Choi Hyeon Gyeong, Lyu Ji Young, Im Gae Hwa, Choi Tae Bu, Im Mi Hae, "The Effect of High-Frequency Care and Ultrasonic Care on Pigmentation and Wrinkles," Korean Aesthetic Society, 6(3), p.11-19, 2008.
- Kim Nam Hyeon and another 11 people, An Introduction to Medical Engineering, Shingwang Publishing Co., Seoul, p.489-494, 2001.
- England, S., Phys, Ther..74, p.100-102, 1988.
- Hong JN, Kim TH, Ohshiro T, Lim SD, "Clinical trial of lower level laser therapy in 20 patients with postherpetic neuralgia", Korean J Dermatol, 28, p.54-61, 1990.
- Kim JM, Lee HG, Kim DH, Lee SH, Park SJ, "Therapeutic effect of lower energy laser on acute phase of herpes zoster", Korean J Dermatol, 37, p.305-310, 1999.
- Karu TI, Low-power laser therapy, In: Tuan VD, editor. Bimedical photonics handbook, CRC Press LCC, 48, p.1-25, 2003.
- Galletti G, "Laser-Proceeding of the international congress on laser in medicine and surgery", Monuzzi Editore, Bologna, 1986.
- Lee Sang Hun, Baek Yong Gwan, Lee Ho Gyun, Kim Jong Min, "Three examples of skin ulcer healed with low power laser", Dept. of Dermatology of Hallym University College of Medicine, p.158, 2009.
- Lee Sae Won, Oh Sang Ho, Choi Wung Ho, "A treatment combining low power Q-switch ND: YAG laser and microneedle for acne scars," Dept. of Dermatology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, p.107, 2008.
- Kim Hae Gyu, Baek Seung Wan, Kim In Sae, Jeong Gyu Seop, "A Clinical Application of Low Power Laser", The Korean Pain Society, 4(2), p.106-110, 2007.
- Kyung-Soon Park, Mi-Hyung Lee, Su-Kyung Kang, "The Influence of Temperature's Change in Manipulative Therapy", The korean Society of Cosmetology, 12(3), p.120-125, 2006.
- Kang, Su Jung, Kim, Ju Youn, "The Study on Basic Skin Condition, Erythema, Melanin, Elasticity and Changes in Infrared Thermograph for Middle Aged Women", The Korean Sosiety of Aesthetic et Cosmeceutics, 5(2), p.105-122, 2010.
- Anderson R.R, Parrish JA:Selective photo-thermolysis :precise microsurgery by selective absorption of pulsed radiation. Science 1983 ; 220 : 524-527. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.6836297
- Kim Ran, Kim Han-Seok, "A Study on the Influence of Massage Techniques on Facial Skin Conditions", Korean Aesthetic Society, 6(2), p.95,98,, 2008.