- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Relation amang Stress, Ego-Resilience, Self-Efficacy, Clinical performance in graduate medical student
의학전문대학원생의 스트레스, 자아탄력성, 자기효능감과 임상수행능력과의 관계
- Hong, Sun-Yeun (Department of Nursing Science, Graduate School of Kyungpook University)
- 홍선연 (경북대학교 일반대학원 간호학과)
- Received : 2011.10.19
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
Recently, the medical education is undergoing system transition from a medical college to a medical graduate school and introduction of performance test in the doctor license state examination. Therefore, To deal with these challenges, it is needed that medical faculty prepare the education programs for considering student's personal characteristics and improving Clinical performance. So, The purpose of this study was to understand relation among Stress, ego-resilience, self-efficacy and Clinical performance in graduate medical student, and for this study, We conducted a survey of 97 medical graduate school students in D city during the period from August 19st to 20st. 2011. The study found a negative correlation between Stress and Ego-Resilience, a positive correlation of stress with confidence at low region in Self-Efficacy. Ego-Resilience correlates positively with CPX at low region in Clinical performance, Preference for difficulty level of the task at low region in Self-Efficacy correlates negatively with OSCE. OSCE and CPX at low region in Clinical performance are positively correlated. Therefore, Stress reduction of students can improve Self-Efficacy, Furthermore, improve ultimately Clinical performance. According to this study, To improve Clinical performance competence, student's personal characteristics should be considered and education programs for self-efficacy and ego-resilience advancement be reflected in curriculum.
Stress;Ego-Resilience;Self-Efficacy;Objective Structured Clinical Examination;Clinical Practice Examination
- S. J. Yune, et al., "Relations among Self-Efficacy, Environmental Factors, Personality, and Academic Achievement in Medical Students", The Journal of Korean Education, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 3-27, 2007.
- P. P. Vitalino, et al., "Medical school pressures and their relationship to anxiety", J Nervous Mental Dis, Vol. 172, pp. 30-36, 1984.
- D. I. Kwak. et. al., "A Study On the Stress, Copying and General well-being of Medical Students", The Journal of Korean Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 227-239, 2000.
- K. S. Hee, "The Relation between Stressful Life Events and Adjustment In children", Unpublished Master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, 1992.
- J. Block, et. al., "The role of ego-controland ego-resiliency in the organization of behavior, In W A, Collins", Minnesota Symposia on Child Psychology, Vol. 13, pp. 39-101, 1980.
- A. R. Kim, "The Relation of Self-Resilience Hardness and Stress Coping style", Unpublished Master's thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu, 2010.
- A. A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy toward a unifying theory of behavior change", Psychol Rev, Vol.84, pp. 191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- H. S. Lee, "Relations among Self-Efficacy, Environmental Factors, Personality, and Academic Achievement in Medical Students", Unpublished Master's thesis, Wonkwang University, Iksan, 2009.
- A. Monat. & R. S. Lazarus, "Stress and coping(3rd ed)", New York; Colombia University Press. 1991.
- J. H. Kim, "The Relationship among Temperament and Character, Stress, Depression, Anxiety, and Health Behaviors in Medical Students", Unpublished Master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul, 2008.
- J. H. Im. et al., "The validity of modified koreantranslated BEPSI(Brief Encounter Psychosocial Instrument) as instrument of stress measurement in outpatient clinic", The Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 42-53, 1996.
- J. Block. & A. M. Kreaman, "IQ and ego resiliency: Conceptual and empirical connections and seperatedness", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, pp. 349-361, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1999
- A. Y. Kim. & J. E. Cha, "self-efficacy measurement", Korean soxiety for industrial and organizational psychology, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 51-64, 1996.
- Y. M. Han, "The Mediation Effect of College Students Stress Coping Style on the Relationship Among Family Strengths, Ego-Resilience and Depression", Unpublished Doctor's thesis, Hongik University, Seoul, 2009.
- S. Y. Kang, "Relationships of Self-Efficacy to Creative Disposition and Ability in University Students Major in Health Care", Korean journal of hospital management, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp.49-66, 2009.
- M. S. Yoo, "Relationship between Self-Efficacy and Clinical Skill Competence of Nursing Students", J Korea Acad Fundam Nurs, Vol.13 No. 3, pp. 343-350, 2006.
- W. S. Choi, "Correlation between major satisfaction and academic achievement in accordance with major-interest correspondence of the university students", Unpublished Master's thesis, Daejin University, Pocheon, 2008.
- J. O. Ha., "The Influence of dance classes stress affecting self-efficacy of college major in dance", Unpublished Master's thesis, Sejong University, Seoul, 2010.
- H. S. Shon, "Effects of Ego-Resilience and learned helplessness on Academic achievement", YongIn University, Vol. 14, pp. 1-22, 2006.
- A Study on the Ego Resilience, Critical Thinking Disposition and Satisfaction in Major in Nursing students vol.4, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2016.12.31.720