- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Self-sufficiency for Hospital Injury Inpatients in Korea
우리나라 의료기관 입원손상환자의 자체충족도에 관한 연구
- Lee, Hee-Won (Dong-A University Medical Center) ;
- Park, Jong-Ho (Kyeimyoung University Dongsan Medical Center) ;
- Kang, Sung-Hong (Dept. of Health Policy & Management, InJe University) ;
- Kim, Won-Joong (Dept. of Health Policy & Management, InJe University.)
- Received : 2011.10.12
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study was conducted to comprehend the current status of regional self-sufficiency of Hospital injury inpatients and, based on this, to prepare some measures for improving the self-sufficiency. For this purpose, 2005 & 2008 Patient Survey data, regional medical utilization data of National Health Insurance Corporation, yearbook of Central Emergency Medical Center and evaluation results of emergency medical institutions were obtained. Frequency analysis, cross-tabulation, decision tree and logistic regression techniques were used in the analysis of data. Self-sufficiency in 'metropolitan city/Do' area was lowest for Chungcheongnam-do for the year 2005 and 2008, followed by Gyeongsangbuk-do, Gyeonggi-do and Jeollanam-do. As for the self-sufficiency in 'Si/Gun/Gu' area with regard to local medical supply, for both 2005 and 2008, It was higher when general hospital, district emergency medical center, regional emergency medical center and regional emergency medical institution existed in the residential area. It was also found that, the higher the quality level of local emergency medical institution, the higher the self-sufficiency. It was confirmed that, when promoting the national policy for injury patients, priority should be placed on 'Do' area where the level of emergency medical supply was low, and that enhancing the quality level of emergency medical institutions was helpful for the improvement of self-sufficiency.
Injury;regional Self-sufficiency;Emergency medical institution
- WHO, "Injury A leading cause of the global burden of disease-2000", 2002.
- Tae Yun Kim, Sang Do Shin, Gil Joon Suh, Kyoung Jun Song, Won Jin Choi, Sung Tae Jung. "A Preliminary Application of an Emergency Departmentbased Indepth Injury Surveillance System", Journal of The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, 2006; 17(2): 124-137.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, "OECD Health Data 2007: Statistics and Indicators for 30 Countries", 2007.
- Hyoun-Jong Song, "Emergency Medical Service System and Policy Implications in Korea", Healthwelfare policy forum, 2004;4:63-73.
- In Seok Jang, Jun Young Choi, Jong Woo Kim, Jung Eun Lee, Sangho Rhie. "Treatment of Traumatic Vascular Injury", Korean J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2003;36:590-594.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, "Depth Analysis of National Hospital Discharge Injury Survey", 2009.
- Yoo-Mi Kim, Sung-Hong Kang. "A Study on Utilization of non-residential areal hospitals in Inpatient", Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 10(11),2009. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.11.3444
- Soo Kyung Park, Shin Ho Lee. "Pattern of Regional Emergency Medical Service Utilization and Its Determinants", Journal of The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, 2005;16(1):128-136.
- Yeon Ok Moon, Eun Cheol Park, Hai Rim Shin, Young Joo Won, Kyu Won Jung, Jin Hee Lee, Soon Young Hwang, Hyun Joo Kong, Seung Sik Hwang, Jong Koo Lee, In Sik Kong, Myung Il Hahm. "Regional Variation in Accessing Regional Hospitals for Cancer Patients", Korean Journal of Epidemiology, 28(2), 2006.
- Hye Jung Jang, Chang Yeob Kim, "Formulating Regional Relevance Index through Covariance Structure Modeling", Korean Journal of Health Policy and Administration 2001;11(2):123-40.
- National Health Insurance, "Statistical data of Regional Medical Utilization in 2009", 2010.
- Youn su Shin, Soon duck Kim, Je suk Lee. "Characteristics of Injury in a University Hospital", Korean Journal of Epidemiology, 29(2), 2007.
- National Health Insurance, "Statistical data of Regional Medical Utilization in 2006", 2007.
- Moon-Hee Nam, Sung-Soo Kim, Il-Su Park, Sung-Hong Kang, Won-Joong Kim, Soon-Ho Choi, Hye-Kyung Jo, Young-Taek Kim and Sung-Ok Hong. "A Study on Utilization of non-residential areal in Operation patient", Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 11(6), 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2078
- Bong Suk Cha, Sei jin Chang, Myung Keyn Lee. "Medical utilization of the Hand Injured Patients among the Industrial Accident Compensation Insured" Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 1(2), 1989.
- Kyoung-Soo Lim, Young-Sik Kim, Sung-Oh Hwang, Nam-cheon Cho, Sung-Joon Kang. "The problem of rural inter hospital transfer of injured patients to a referral emergency center", Journal of The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, Vol 3. No. 1. May, 1992.
- Multilevel Analysis on Factors Influencing Death and Transfer in Inpatient with Severe Injury vol.23, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.3.233
- Characteristics of injuries of older adults in Korea by use of the National Emergency Department of Information System and injury surveillance system vol.17, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/ggi.12750