- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The effects of CPR clinical training on CPR performance and self efficacy in nursing students
심폐소생술 실습 교육이 간호대학생의 심폐소생술 수행능력과 자기효능감에 미치는 효과
- Kim, Sung-Mi (Department of nursing, Daegu Science University) ;
- Lee, Eun-Joo (Department of nursing, Daegu Science University)
- Received : 2011.12.01
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study was done to compare the educational effects of two nursing students groups, CPR theoretical and practical education versus CPR theoretical education only. It would be used as a basis for more effective CPR training of future nursing students. The subjects in study were 72 nursing students in D college D city, from august 22 to august 24, 2011. The collected data were analyzed with SPSS WIN 18.0 program for the frequency, percentage,
Nursing students;CPR education;CPR performance;Self efficacy
Supported by : 대구과학대학교
- Cummins, R. O., Ornato, J. P. & Thies, W. H., "Improving survival from sudden cardiac arrest :the 'chain of survival' concept." Circulation, Vol. 83, pp. 1832-47, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.83.5.1832
- Korean Association of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. 2011. 2011 CPR Guideline in Korea. Retrieved September 25, 2011, from http://www.kacpr.org.
- K. S. Song, and D. J. Oh, "Current Status of CPR in Korea", The Korean Association of Internal Medicine, Vol. 73, No. 1, pp. 4-10, 2007.
- J. S. Han, L. S. Ko, K. S. Kang, I. J. Song, S. M. Moon, and S. H. Kim, "The Effectiveness of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training Targeted for Nursing Students", Journal of Korean academy of fundamentals of nursing, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 359-596, 1999.
- J. E. Lee, B. Y. Koh, I. M. Lee, K. M. Choi, S. I. Park, and H. G. Ahn, "The Evaluation of Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training Targeted for College Students", The Korean Society of Emergency Medical Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 43-54, 2003.
- S. H. Oh, J. J. Sun, and S. H. Kim, "The Effect of CPR Clinical Training in Nursing Students's Knowledge and Practical Ability", Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 153-61, 2009.
- D. C. Uhm, M. H. Jun, J. Y. Hwang, and J. Y. Choi, "Knowledge According to Learning Experiences of CPR for Health Occupation College Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 138-46, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.138
- Y. R. Park, J. A. Kim, K. S. Choi, and K. S. Kim, "The Effects of CPR Training for Nursing Students on their Knowledge, Attitude, and Perceived Competence", Journal of Korean critical care nursing, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 7-17, 2008.
- Bandura, A., "Social Foundation of thought and action. a social cognitive theory", N. J. prentice-Hall, 1986.
- Y. Zhang and R. Buda, "Moderating effects of need for cognition on responses to positively versus negatively framed advertising messages", Journal of Advertising, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 1-15, 1999.
- S. S. Park, D. S. Park, J. H. Cho, Y. A. Kim, and J. S. Park, "A Change of the ability of CPR After educations for Some Health College Students and the factors Effects CPR Performance", The Korean Society of Emergency Medical Technology, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.17-26, 2008.
- E. K. Ahn, and M. K. Cho, "Knowledge and Attitude about Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for Nursing students", The Korean Society of Emergency Medical Technology, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 5-17, 2009.
- J. S. Yang, B. G. Hwang, W. J. Ko, and S. H. Yoo, "A Study on the Level of Knowledge among Undergraduate Students towards Basic Life Support(BLS)", Korean Society of Exercise Rehabilitation, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 189-94, 2010.
- American Heart Association. 2010. 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC. Retrieved September 20, 2011, from http://www.heart.org.
- H. O. Choi, "A study on knowledge and competence of nurses in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation" [master thesis], Seoul: Yensei University, 2005.
- J. M. Park, "The effectiveness of competency and retention in cardiopulmonary resuscitation through self-directed learning" [dissertation], Seoul: Kyungpook National University, 2006.
- Sherer, M. S., Maddux, J. E., Mercadante, B., Prenice-Dunn, S., Jacobs, B., & Rogers, R.W.," The self-efficacy scale: Construction and validation. ", Psychologic reports, Vol. 51, pp. 663-71, 1991.
- Karen, K. J., Hafen, B. Q., & Limmer, D. D., "First responder." New Jersey : Brady, 1995.
- Kardong-Edgren, S., & Adamson, K. A., "BSN medical-surgical student ability to perform CPR in a simulation: recommendations and implications", Clinical Simulation Nursing, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 79-83, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2009.01.006
- Ackermann, A. D., "Investigation of learning outcomes for the acquisition and retention of CPR knowledge and skills learned with the use of high-fidelity simulation" Clinical Simulation Nursing, Available at http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1016/j.ecns, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2009.05.002
- K. H. Kang, "Effectiveness of a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Program for First Responders in Korea", [master thesis], Seoul: Ewha Womans University, 1998.
- Y. H. Oh, "The effect of CPR Traing for Non-Healthcare Providers", [master thesis], Ulsan: Ulsan University, 2005.
- Y. S. Jang, "The effect of hands-on instruction on children's self-efficacy level in the practical arts subject", [master thesis], DaeGu: DaeGu National University of Education, 2002.
- J. Y. An, "Comparison Study on the Effects of VSI(Video self-instruction) and basic CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) education" [master thesis], KongJu: KongJu National University, 2009.
- The Implication and Persistence Effect of CPR Education on Female Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitude, Confidence and Skills in Performing CPR vol.14, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.8.3941
- The Effects and Continuum of CPR Education Program on CPR Knowledge, Attitude and Performance in Seafarers vol.28, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.5.1301
- Knowledge, Attitude and Self-efficacy of CPR among Health-related and Non Health-related Majors University Students vol.30, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.06.30.3.861