- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Oral Health Knowledge of Disability Welfare Facilities Teachers in Gimhae
김해시 장애인 복지시설 교사의 구강보건지식도 조사
- Park, Ji-Hye (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Ulsan College) ;
- Cho, Mi-Suk (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Masan College)
- Received : 2011.09.06
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This study was conducted to investigate the extent to which the teachers in disability welfare facilities are acquainted with the oral health knowledge. It was compiled by means of the self-administered questionnaire held out by 119 teachers in Gimhae and it conducted in August of 2010. Considered the score of 100 as all the precise answers, the total average score was 46.4(
Disability welfare facilities;Oral health knowledge;Teachers
- S. H. Kim, "The Disabled Welfare Act Revision Bill and Its Significance", Health and Welfare Policy Forum, Vol. 127, No. 5. pp. 34-40, May, 2007.
- H. K. Kwon, et al., "The Status of Oral Health and Dental Services in Disabled People", pp. 17, Korean Institute of Oral Health Services, January, 2003.
- Y. C. Byun, et al., "The Census for the Disabled in Korea 2008", pp. 341, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, April, 2009.
- H. K. Kwon, et al., "The Korean National Oral Health Survey 2010", pp. 48, 101, Ministry of Health and Welfare, September, 2010.
- H. N. Choi, et al., "School Health Care", Gum-gwang Media, December, 2008.
- S. K. Lee, et al., "Oral Health Knowledge, Attitudes and Status of Primary School Teachers in Chonju City", The Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 410-425, June, 1994.
- J. S. Lee, et al., "Oral Health Knowledge and Attitudes among Elementary School Nursing Teachers in Taegu and Kyungpook Province, Changes between 1993 and 1998", The Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 317-332, December, 1998.
- K. H. Jung, et al., "Knowledge, Attitude and Behavior of Preschool Teachers on Oral Health Education in Daejeon Metropolitan City, Korea", The Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 597-607, December, 2009.
- J. H. Lee, E. S. Jeon, "Survey on Oral Health Recognition Level and Support of Benefited School Teachers by the Operating Period of Incremental School Oral Health Program", The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 10, No. 7, pp. 244-252, July, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.7.244
- S. H. Kim, et al., "Analysis of the Oral Health Knowledge and Practice of Teachers in Some Early Childhood Education Institutions", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 379-385, October. 2010.
- Y. S. Ahn, et al., "A Study on Preschool Teachers' Oral Health Knowledge and Behaviors in Sung-nam City", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 13-21, June, 2001.
- I. E. Mwangosi, U. Nyandindi, "Oral Health Related Knowledge, Behaviours, Attitude and Self-assessed Status of Primary School Teachers in Tanzania", International Dental Journal, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 130-136, June, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1875-595X.2002.tb00617.x
- A. Ehizele, et al., "Oral Health Knowledge, Attitude and Practices among Nigerian Primary School Teachers", International Journal of Dental Hygiene, January, 2011. [Epub ahead of print]
- S. K. Han, et al., "The Relationship between Oral Status and Dental Caries Activity on Mental Retardation Students", The Korean Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 19-26, March, 2007.
- S. Y. Ha, et al., "Oral Health Care Status in Institutions and Special Schools for the Disabled People in korea", Journal of the Korean Academy in Pediatric Dentistry, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 192-201, June, 2000.
- K. K. Yoon, et al., "A Study on the Oral Health Knowledge and Attitudes of Elementary School Nursing Teachers in Pusan", The Korean Academy of Oral Health, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 211-220, December, 1990.
- L. Martens, et al., "The Use of Chlorhexidine as a Preventive and Therapeutic Means of Plaque Control in the Handicapped. Review of the Literature and Definitive Advise for Application", Revue Belge de Medecine Dentaire, Vol. 52, No. 2, pp. 27-37, August, 1997.
- Y. J. Hwang, "A Study on the Oral Knowledge and the Perception for Oral Health Education of Teachers in Special Schools", Graduate School of Public Health Yonsei University, Master's Degree Thesis, June, 2008.
- K. A. Jang, I. C. Hwang, "The Relationship between Oral Health Knowledge and Its Education Recognizance of Childcare Teacher", The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 9, No. 12, pp. 735-741, December, 1999. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.12.735
- M. S. Nemutandani, et al., "Teachers' Knowledge of Emergency Management of Traumatised Teeth in Preschools", South African Dental Association, Vol. 66, No. 1, pp. 26-29, February, 2011.
- Y. H. Kim, "Attitude and Practice related to Oral Care of Geriatric Care Helpers in Nursing Homes", Graduate School of Public Health Kyungpook University, Master's Degree Thesis, June, 2011.
- S. S. Park, S. H. Park, "A Study on Recognition of Dental Health Care in Caregiver" Society of Occupational Therapy for the Agged and Dementia, Vol. 4. No. 1, pp. 1-9, June, 2010.
- L. Kass, "Dental health program for the institutionally mentally retarded" Dent Hyg, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 76-78, February 1979.
- Survey of Unmet Dental Treatment Needs among Adult Disabled vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7501