- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Relationship among safety accident, impulsiveness and maternal child-rearing attitude of elementary students
초등학생의 안전사고, 충동성 및 어머니의 양육태도와의 상관관계
- Jung, Do-Young (Graduate School of Disaster Prevention, Kangwon National University) ;
- Lee, Young-Mee (Dept. of Nursing, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2011.11.10
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
This aim of the study intended to investigate the relationship among safety accident, impulsiveness and maternal child-rearing attitude of elementary students. The study was also done to acquire basic information on safety education program to help students be more aware of safety. A research was conducted from November 15 to 24, 2010 by means of self-report questionnaires distributed to 558 elementary students. Safety accident occurrence of subject is 51.3%, and the most frequent place was on school and home around. The safety accident occurrence was statistically significant difference according to students' gender, grade and the level of school life attitude. The safety accident occurrence correlated positively with authoritarian control, overprotection, and achievement, as defined maternal child-rearing attitude, and not with impulsiveness. The results of this study indicate that safety education program are needed to prevent the safety accidents, and to change the maternal child-rearing attitude of elementary students.
Impulsiveness;Maternal child-rearing attitude;Safety accident
- Carlsson, A., Karlson, E. D., Hakansson, A., Uden, G. "Compliance with child accident precautions by child health nurses". Journal of Child Health Care, Vol.10, No.2, pp.149-159, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1367493506062554
- Lee, M. S. "Students', teachers', and parents' safety concerns affecting students' safety behaviors of elementary schools in Korea", Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 22, No.4, pp.41-56, 2005.
- Korea National Statistical Office. 2009. http://www. nso.go.kr.
- Jun, C. O. "A study of school accidents around elementary school", Unpublished master's thesis, Korea National University of Education, 1997.
- Kim, E. J. "A study on the actual situation and improvement method of safety accidents of elementary school's facilities" The Journal of the Korean Society of School Health, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 1-8, 2007.
- Kim, A. Y. "Educational psychology". Seoul : Bakhaksa, 2003.
- Swell, K. H., Gainess, S. K, "Developmental approach to childhood safety education". Pediatric Nursing, Vol.19, No.5, pp.464-466, 1993.
- Kwon, M. K, Kim, H. W. Ahn, H. Y. & Lee, J. W. "Children's perception of mother's child-rearing attitudes and problem conduct ofchildren", J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs, Vol, 11, No.1, pp. 132-141, 2005.
- Hong, S. W. Kim, J. S. Hyun, H. J. "Nursing students' awareness of human rights and influencing factors", The Korea Contents Association, Vol.11, No, 6, pp.260-269, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.6.260
- Heo, S. C, "Effect of Parental Rearing Attitudes and Communication on Adolescents' Career Decision-making Styles", The Korea Contents Association, Vol.10, No.9, pp. 504-513, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.9.504
- Kim, K. S. The related factors of safety behaviors and accident in elementary school children, Unpublished master's thesis, Konyang University, 2008.
- Park, S. Y. & Lee, S. (1990). "A preliminary study for the standardization of the Korean Maternal Behavior Inventory ", Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol.28, No.1, 141-156, 1990.
- Barrett, E., Patton, J., Olsson, N, Saker, G., Impulsivity and paced tapping," Journal of Motor Behavior, Vol.13, pp. 286-330, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222895.1981.10735254
- Lee, H. S, "Impulsiveness test, Korea guidance", Seou.l, 1992.
- Bae, J. Y. "Development of the safety education program for children", J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs, Vol.9, No.2, pp.162-172, 2003.
- Lee, M. S., Park, K. O, "School safety education factors predicting injury prevalence among Korean adolescence", Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol.21, No.2, pp.147-165, 2004
- Ellen Visser, Ysbrand. "Accident proneness, does it exit ? A review and meta-analysis", Accident Analysis and Prevention, 2006.
- Kim, J. Y. "A study on the safety behavior and safety consciousness of the primary school children and their parents", Unpublished master's thesis Inha University, 2001.
- Lee, H. J. "Characteristics of risk behavior related to the school safety accident between male and female elementary school students, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha womans University, 2006.
- Sim, E. S, "Safety-awareness, safety-practice and accident occurrence among elementary students", Journal of Korea community health nursing academic society, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 258-275, 2004.
- Lee, H. Y., Woo, J. W, Kim, I. Y, "Research on the cognition and education of safety for children" Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol.18, No.3, pp.59-75, 2005.
- Kim, H. W. "A study on the development of the measuring scale of safety consciousness", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha womans University, 2002.
- Paek, K. W, "A diagnostic study of safety education in elementary schools based on PRECEDE Model" Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol.18, No.1, pp.35-47, 2001.
- Schwebel, D., Brezausek, C., & Ramey. C. "Interactions between child behavior patterns and parenting: Implication for children's unintentional injury risk". Journal of Pediatric Psychology, Vol.29, pp.93-104, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/jpepsy/jsh013
- Kim, H. G, "The relationship between maternal parenting style, strategies for teaching about home safety and children's injury risk behaviors", Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol.17, No.1, pp.81-99, 2008.
- Song, J. C. "A study of impulsiveness change of delinquency juvenile using group-work practice, Unpublished master's thesis, Kukmin University, 1996.
- Effects of Safety Awareness and Self-Efficacy on Safety Practice with Elementary School Studentsts: Focusing on the Changwon City vol.28, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.2.515