- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
State of Education on the Use of Oral Hygiene Supplies among Dental Prosthesis Mounted
치과보철물장착자의 구강위생관리용품사용에 관한 교육 실태
- Moon, Hee-Jung (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Yeojoo Institute of Technology)
- 문희정 (여주대학교 치위생과)
- Received : 2011.11.25
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the state of oral health control education experiences among dental prosthesis users. The subjects in this study were 267 adults who were aged between 18 and less than 65 and resided in Seoul and Gyeonggi Province. A survey was conducted from March to June, 2011, and the statistical package SPSS 11.5 was employed to analyze the collected data. The findings of the study were as follows: As for the state of education on the use of oral hygiene supplies, The unmarried respondents considered the use of oral hygiene supplies to be more conducive to oral health than the married ones. The respondents aged between 18 and 39 considered the use of dental hygiene supplies to be more beneficial to oral health than those aged between 40 and 64, and the former deemed it more absolutely necessary to use oral hygiene supplies than the latter). Those who used oral hygiene supplies viewed the use of oral hygiene supplies as more conducive to oral health and considered it more absolutely necessary to use oral hygiene supplies. The respondents expressed higher satisfaction with education on how to wash prosthesis and how to choose oral hygiene supplies. The above-mentioned findings illustrated that the dental prosthesis users were well aware of oral hygiene supplies, and that their satisfaction level with related education was not high in comparison with their awareness of oral hygiene supplies. Therefore dental institutions should provide more authentic education for dental prosthesis users.
Education;Oral Hygiene Supplies;Dental Prosthesis
- Ji Min Gyeong,. Shin Min Woo, A study on satisfaction with and recognition of aesthetic dental prostheses among citizens in Daejeon. The journal of korean academy of dental hygiene education, Vol 8, No 1, p148 27-31, p156 19-23, 2008.
- Yang Jae Ho. Lee Jae Bong. Yeo In Seong. Nam Cheon Woo. Moon Hee Jung. Park Dong Ok. An Yong Sun. Yu Mi Seon. Jeong Seong Hi. Jo Pyeong Gyu. Heo Nam Suk. Prosthodontics Second Edition, p4 3-5, KMS, 2008.
- Choi Gyu Yil. Hye young Kim, A case study on the awareness on the oral hygiene by some adults, The journal of the korean academy of dental hygiene, Vol.13, No.3, p230 9-12, 2011.
- Jung Jung Ock. A study on the Actual Conditions of Denture Prosthodontics used by the Elderly 65 or Older in Seoul. The korean society of dental hygiene science, Vol. 7, No.3 p113 20-24. 2007.
- Gwon Hyeon Suk. Lee Seong Suk. Lee Mi Ok.Kim Ji Hya. Kim Min A.Youn Hi Suk.Lee Chun Sun.Lee Hyang Lim.Jeong Jin A, Oral Health education, Chung gu cultural history, p335 6-7, 2003.
- Kim Jeoung Sook, Analysis of the current status of dental prosthesis treatment and their relating factors of urban as well as rural inhabitances in korea, department of public health gradeate school Keimyung University, p2, 2002.
- Mok Won Kyun, A study causes for removal of fixed prostheses and fate of abutment, Department Dental Engineering Graduate School Chosun University, p15. 12-13, p16. 3-5. 7-8. 2007.
- Gang Bu Ol. Gang Jae Gyeong. Gwak Jeong Suk. Gwon Hyeon Suk. Kim Jung Suk. Kim Ji Young. Kim Ji Hya. Kim Chang Hee. Nam Yong Ok. Song Kyung Hee. Won Bok Yeon. Lee Sung Lim. Lee Seong Suk. Lee Hyeong Suk. Jang Gye Won. Han Gyeong Sun. Hwang Mi Young. Hwang Yun Suk, Introduction to Dental Hygiene 3rd ed, p60 10-14, p78 8-11, Chung gu cultural history, 2003.
- Jang Kyeung Ae.Seong Mi Gyung.Kang Hyun Kyung. Choi Jung Ok.Kim Yoon Sin. Availability of oral hygiene devices for the patients with smoking in some dental clinics, The korean society of dental hygiene science, Vol. 8, No. 1, p10 2-4, 10-11, 2008.
- Oh Hye Seung, A Comparative Study on the Use of auxiliary Oral Hygiene devices and Tooth Brushing between dental Hygiene students and Non-dental Hygiene students, The korean society of dental hygiene science, Vol. 9, No. 1 p125 6, p126 1-2, 2009.
- Ku Eun Ju. Mun So Jung.Chung won Gyun. Kin Nam Hee, The status of use of oral care products in korea at 2006, The journal of korean academy of dental hygiene education, Vol 9, No 1, p105 18-22, 2009.
- Seo Eun Ju. Shin Seung Chul. Seo Hyeun Seog, Kim Eun Ju, Shang Yeon Soo, J Korean acad dent health Vol. 27, N. 2, p187. 6-7, 2003.
- Kim Soo Kyung. A study on the status of recognition and practical application of oral hygiene devices : with outpationt as the central figure, The korean society of dental hygiene science, Vol. 2, No. 2, p99. 5-7, 15-16. 2002.
- Evaluation of validity of three dimensional dental digital model made from blue LED dental scanner vol.15, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.3007
- Study on the Correlation between Dental Implant Patients' Oral Hygiene Behaviors and Satisfaction vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.576