- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Influence of Bias and Multicultural Attitude on Multicultural Efficacy in Elementary Students
초등학생의 편견과 다문화적태도가 다문화효능감에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Young-Tae (Dept. of Education, Wonkwang University)
- 김영태 (원광대학교 교육학과)
- Received : 2011.10.21
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
The purpose of this study was to analyze the influence of bias and the multicultural attitude of elementary schoolchildren on the multicultural efficacy and to seek for the right direction of multicultural education in elementary school. To attain this purpose, this study asked 416 elementary schoolchildren to questions in Jeonbuk Province. The results are as follows. First, there is a significant difference on bias, multicultural attitude, and efficacy to gender and grade. Second, there is a meaningful correlation among bias, multicultural attitude, and multicultural efficacy. Third, the elementary schoolchildren's bias has a significant influence on the multicultural attitude and efficacy. Fourth, the elementary schoolchildren's multicultural attitude exercises a meaningful effect on the multicultural efficacy. According to this survey, a variety of multicultural programs for the elementary schoolchildren are needed to develop and apply in substance at the level of their eyes. In addition to that, a diversity of studies are needed constantly for making the elementary schoolchildren get some positive understanding on various cultures.
Bias;Multicultural Attitudes;Multicultural Efficacy
- Jeong, H. O., "The Research of Elementary School Teacher's Recognition and Actual Condition Regarding Multucultural Education", Graduate School of Education, Chonbuk National University, Master's Thesis, 1999.
- Seol, D. H., Social Recognitions for MultiCultural Families, Journal of National Assembly Library, 43(5), pp. 2-3, 2006.
- Hong, D. A. G., & Chae, O. H., & Lee, N. J., Development and Evaluation of Family Integration Education Programs for MultiCultural Families, Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 15(5), pp. 729-741, 2006.
- Do, M. H., & Kim, S. C., A Study for Perception Increase of Childcare Teacher on Multicultural Family Education. Korean Journal of Family Welfare, 15(3), pp. 163-181, 2010.
- Chang, I. S., Multicultural Education in America and Curriculum, The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 24(4), pp. 27-53, 2006.
- Chang, I. S., An Educational Task on the Multiculturalism of Korean Society, Journal of Graduate School Dongkuk University, 28, pp. 203-208, 1998.
- Shin, H. J., "A Study on Factors that Affect the Ego-identity of Children from Multi-cultural Families". Graduate School, Ewha Womans University, Master's Thesis, 2007.
- Oh, S. B,. A Study of the Instance of opportunities of education and its alternative policy for ethnic minorities's children born in intermarriage homes, Journal of Anthropological Studies, 12, pp. 1-15, 2007.
- Lee, I. J,. Anti-bias Education of Elementary School in Multi-cultural Society, The Journal of Ethics Education, 22, pp. 253-272, 2010.
- Jeong, H. Y., "A study on the factors affecting school adjustment of mixed ethnic children : focused on the marriage of korean man with asian woman". Graduate School, Soongsil University, Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Cho, E. K., Kids 'difference' to adapt to Attend, Hankyoreh21, Hankyoreh Media Group, 623, pp. 46-47, 2006.
- Cho, Y. D., Multicultural children's education at home surveys, Seoul: Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, 2006.
- Jeong, G. M., "Influence of Anti-Bias Educational Program on Bias and Multicultural Awareness". Graduate School of Education, Gyeongin National University of Education, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Wotorson, M., Partners against hate program activity guide: helping children resist bias and hate, Washington, DC: Leadership Conference Education Fund, 2001.
- Lim, J. Y., "Perception and Self Efficiency Esteem of the Multiculture Among the Adolescents". Graduate School of Education, Kyunghee University, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Kim, S. M., & Nam, G. H., A Research on Qualities of the world's civic on youth, Seoul: National Youth Policy All rights reserved, 2000.
- Lee, J. Y., "High School Students' Perception and Attitude toward Multicultural Education". Graduate School of Education, Sunchon National University of Education, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- Guyton, E. M & Wesche, M. V., The Multicultural Efficacy Scale : Development, Item Selection, and Reliability, Multicultural Perspective, 7(4), pp. 21-29, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327892mcp0704_4
- Choi, C. O., & Mo, K. H., Investigating Multicultural Efficacy of Teachers in Gyeonggi Province, Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, 39(4), pp. 163-182, 2007.
- Park, J. H., & Chung, J. J., A Validation Study for the Inter cultural Development Inventory, The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 22(1), pp. 1-21, 2008.
- Kim, M. J., "Development and Validation of the Multicultural Acceptance Inventory for Korean Children", Graduate School of Education, Korea University, Ph.D Thesis, 2010.
- Row, K. R., & Bang, H. J., The development of explicit and implicit race attitudes in Korean elementary students and race attitude change in the multi-cultural age, Journal of Experimental Psychology: Social Issues, 15(1), pp. 49-79, 2009.
- Aboud, F, E., Children and Prejudice, New York: Blackwell, 1988.
- Ju, D. B., & Lee, D. W., The Research of Youth Survey on regional conflicts, Seoul: National Youth Policy All rights reserved, 2000.
- Lee, H. J., "A Study on Factors to Influence Multicultural Awareness of Elementary School Students", Graduate School of Education, Gyeongin National University of Education, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Cho, Y. J., The Effects of Perceptions of Multiculture on Efficiency Esteem of Multiculture in Elementary School Students, Journal of Korean Practical Arts Education, 23(3), pp. 43-58, 2010.