- Volume 12 Issue 12
Kim(2011) showed that the team-based teaching method which is focusing on the individual job assignment solves the backlash effects of peer-evaluation method and suggested that it should be studied if the job assignment teaching method does not worsen the learning outcomes. To analyse the learning outcomes of the job assignment teaching method is the purpose of this paper. This paper evaluates the improvement of the learning outcomes which are resulted from a variance of education style that each member of project team was given his specific task. Firstly, all the students evaluate a learning satisfaction and quality of outcomes by themselves. Secondly, an instructor and some professionals evaluate all the outputs. The results showed that the learning outcomes evaluated by students and instructors are improved significantly. The suggested method in this paper, which focuses on the job assignment of team project, could improve the learning outcomes of team project in engineering education.
Job Assignment;Learning Outcomes;Engineering Education
- Kim, S., "Teaching method using job assignment as a solution on the adverse effects of peer evaluation in team-based learning", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol.12, No.6, pp. 2543-2547, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.6.2543
- Humphrey, W., Introduction to the Team Software Process, Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- MeGowan, C.S., "Retooling engineering curriculum putting theory to the test", IEEE Today's Engineer, Spring 1999.
- Lewis, P., Aldridge, D. and Swamidass, P.M., "Assessing teaming skills acquisition on undergraduate project teams", Journal of Engineering Education, pp. 149-155, April 1998.
- Swan, B.R. et al., "A preliminary analysis of factors affecting engineering design team performance", Proceedings of 1994 ASEE Annual Conference, pp. 2572-2589, 1994.
- Steers, R.M., Introduction to Organization Behavior, 2nd ed, Forresman and Company, 1984.
- Chang, S.I., "A study on the influence of job characteristics and organizational justice on the job satisfaction-focusing on the small and medium sized firms in Namdong and Banwool area", Industry & Academy Management Review, Vol.19, No. 2, pp. 23-46, 2006.
- Kim, D.W. and Park, C.M., "The effects of job characteristics on organizational commitment by the organizational level", The Korean Association for Policy Studies, Vol.12, pp. 172-198, 2003.
- Chae J.H., "Needs assessment of the purposes of Korean secondary school home economics education", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 89-98, 1996.
- Kang, M.H. and Oh, K.W., "A study on middle school students' satisfaction and need for clothing section of home economics in the textbook", Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, Vol.18, No.2, pp. 63-77, 2006.
- Kim, H.S., Satisfaction Level of Physical Education Class for Middle/High School Students, Korea National University of Education, 2003.
- Heo, G., "A study on the structura equation model for students' satisfaction in the blended leaning environment", Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 135-143, 2009.
- Gibbons, R. and Waldman, M., "Task-specific human capital", The American Economic Review, Vol.94, No.2, pp. 203-207, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1257/0002828041301579
- Lawler, E.E. and Porter, L.W., "The effect of performance on job satisfaction", Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 20-28, 1967. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-232X.1967.tb01060.x
- Myers, I.B. and Myers, P.B., Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type, Davies-Black Publishing, 1980.
- Kirton, M.J. Adaption-Innovation, Routledge, 2003.
- Brown, S. and Knight, P., Assessing Learners in Higher Education, Kogan Page, 1994.
- Ramsden, P., Learning to Teach in Higher Education, Routledge, 1992.
- Kang, S.J. and Ko, Y.K., The Talent for The Companies, The Federation of Korean Industries, 2008.
- Marton, F. and Saljo, R., "On qualitative differences in learning. II-outcome as a function of the learner's conception of the task", British Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.46, pp. 115-127, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8279.1976.tb02304.x
- Biggs, J.B., "Individual differences in study processes and the quality of learning outcomes", Higher Education, Vol.8, pp. 381-394, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01680526
- Choi, B.K., Three Factors for Motivation, LG ERI, Vol.801, 2004.
- Axelrod, E.L., Jones, H.H. and Welsh, T.A., "The war for talent", McKinsey Quarterly, May 2001.
- Flowers, N., Mertens, S.B. and Mulhall, P.F., "The impact of teaming: five research-based outcomes", Middle School Journal, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 57-60, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/00940771.1999.11494619