- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
M-Learning Application for Ubiquitous Learning Based on Android Web Platform
안드로이드 웹 플랫폼 기반 U-Learning을 위한 M-Learning 애플리케이션
- Kim, Hye-Jin (Continuing Education Center, Jeonju University)
- 김혜진 (전주대학교 평생교육원)
- Received : 2011.10.18
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
In this paper we introduced Augmented Reality (AR) on Android platform for ubiquitous learning (u-learning). Android is breaking new ground for mobile computing and open technologies. Android is versatile as it is not limited only to mobile phones, but it can be installed on various devices. Android gives developers the opportunity to leverage their development skills, while also building an exciting and active community. Augmented Reality (AR) is going to be the future of most apps; all it takes is a decent processor, a camera, a compass and a GPS, all of which are becoming increasingly common on smart phones. Through AR we can have educational tools that provide individuals with total flexibility to receive, send, and review training and detailed product information through an increasingly ubiquitous web-enabled communication device. In this paper, we proposed Augmented Reality for Species Identification using Android Smartphone with augmented reality in species determination. This study is appropriate in the field of Biology. This is useful in outdoor experimental activities of the students. Like for example while they are visiting the zoo, botanical garden and etc.
Augmented Reality(AR);Android platform;Ubiquitous learning;Species identification
- Buxton, W. (1997). Living in Augmented Reality: Ubiquitous Media and Reactive Environments. In K. Finn, A. Sellen & S. Wilber (Eds.).Video Mediated Communication. Hillsdale, N.J.: Erlbaum, 363-384. An earlier version of this chapter also appears in Proceedings of Imagina '95, 215-229.
- The most common products employed are as follows: MicroVision Nomad, Sony Glasstron, Vuzix AR and I/O Displays. Vuzix AR.
- Feiner, Steve. "Augmented reality: a long way off?". AR
- R. Azuma, A Survey of Augmented Reality Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, pp. 355-385, August 1997.
- Ramesh Raskar, Greg Welch, Henry Fuchs Spatially Augmented Reality, First International Workshop on Augmented Reality, Sept 1998.
- David Drascic of the University of Toronto is a developer of ARGOS: A Display System for Augmenting Reality. David also has a number of AR related papers on line, accessible from his home page
- Stationary systems can employ 6DOF track systems such as Polhemus, ViCON, A.R.T, or Ascension.
- The 2010 Horizon Report: K-12 Edition is a Publication of The New Media Consortium
- B. K. Ahn, "Android Based Mobile Booky Contents", Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol 10, No 2, pp. 58-64, 2010.
- S. H. Lee, "Healthcare Application Modeling Using Smartphone", Journal of The Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, Vol 10, No 4, pp. 35-40, 2010.