- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Management's Leadership Style on Employee's Turnover Intention
병원경영자의 리더십 유형이 병원근무자의 이직의도에 미치는 영향
- Chun, Je-Ran (Department of Medical Administrationl, Daejeon Health Sciences College)
- 전제란 (대전보건대학 의무행정과)
- Received : 2011.11.15
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
These days, the hospital management are paying more and more attention to the issue about the increasing employee's turnover ratio in hospital. Such issues are very important because the high turnover ratio reduce the productivity and morale of remaining workers, and means the unavoidable drainage of the accumulated know-how and technology of the hospital to the outsides. The result of such a negative development means the loss of competitive advantage compare to other hospitals. The purpose of this paper is to investigate how the management's leadership style influence on the job-satisfaction for the employees and the employee's turnover intension. At this time we will refer the effect of the hospital brand image as moderator. The result of this study could present the guide line to the hospital managers about the desirable leadership style to enhance the employee's productivity and also to reduce the turnover intention ratio.
Leadership style;Turnover intension;Kob-satisfaction;Hospital brand image
- Ashforth, B. E., "The Experience of Powerless in Organizations", Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Process, Vol. 43, 1989.
- Bryman, A.,Charisma and Leadership in Organization : London, Sage, 1993.
- Chul woo Lee, The Effect of Empowerment on Job-satisfaction, Organization absorbtion and turnover intention of Hotel Employee, Dong-A Univ. doctoral Dissertation, 2000.
- Dreher, G. F., "The Role of Performance in the Turnover Process", Academy of Management Journal, 25, 1982.
- Hom, P. W., & Griffin, R. W., Employee Turnover, Cincinnati, South Western College Publishing, 1995.
- Howell, J. M. & Avolio B. J., Transformational Leadership Transactional Leadership, focus of Control and support for Innovation : Key Predators of Consolidated Business Unit Performance. Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. No. 6. 1993.
- Podsakoff, P. M., Todor, W. D., Grover, R. A., Situational Moderators of Leader Reward and Punishment Behavior : Fact or Fiction ?, Organization Behavior and Human Performance, Vol. 34, 1984.
- Porter, L. W., & Steers, R. M., Employee Organization Linkage : The Psychology Committment, Absenteeism and Turnover, New York Academic Press, 1982
- Price, J. L., The Study of Turnover, The Iowa State University Press, 1977.
- Seri. kim, Leadership in restrauran business, Empowerment and Organization style, Kyunggi Univ. doctoral thesis, 2005
- Yammarino, E. J. & Bass B. M., Transformational Leadership and Multiple Levels of Analysis, Human Relation, 1990.
- Yong Sik Cho, The Effect of Leadership Style on Job Satisfation and Turnover Intention of Department Store Employees, Chungju Univ. Doctoral Dissertation, 2011.
- Complex relationship between Hospital management performance and the degree of the regional competition (Focusing on the Regional Public Hospital) vol.13, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.405