- Volume 12 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Emotional Intelligence on Organization Communication Satisfaction and Job Satisfaction
간호사의 감성지능이 조직커뮤니케이션 만족과 직무만족도에 미치는 영향
- Han, Sang-Young (Dept. of Nursing, Kangwon Tourism College) ;
- Lee, Young-Mee (Dept. of Nursing, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2011.11.16
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2011.12.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship among emotional intelligence, organizational communication satisfaction and job satisfaction. The subjects were 150 nurses who work for a university hospital in Seoul. The data were collected using self-report questionnaire and analyzed using the SPSS Win 17.0 program. In result, The degree of emotional intelligence was order to regulation of emotion, use of emotion, other's emotion appraisal, self emotion appraisal. Job satisfaction were significantly correlation between emotional intelligence and organizational communication satisfaction. And The higher job satisfaction was showed the higher emotional intelligence and organizational communication satisfaction. Therefore, To increase job satisfaction will be work out a strategy highly emotional intelligence and organizational communication satisfaction. It is need to improve the nurse's organizational satisfaction and base on the program development.
Emotional intelligence;Organizational communication satisfaction;Job satisfaction
- Dawn, F. & Theodore, S., "The heart of the art: Emotional Intelligence in nurse education". Nursing Inquiry, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 91-98, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1800.2004.00198.x
- Cherniss, C., "Emotional Intelligence and Good Community". American Journal of community psychology, Vol.30, No 1, pp.371-379, 2002.
- Cadman, C., & Brewer, J., "Emotional Intelligence: A vital prerequisite for recruitment in nursing". Journal of Advanced Nursing Management, Vol.9, No.6, pp.321-324, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.0966-0429.2001.00261.x
- Bar-On, R., "The Development of a Concept of Psychological Well-Being," Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Rhodes, University, South Africa, 1988.
- S. S. Lee "A Study on job stress and job satisfaction of nurses in a general hospital" Unpublished master's thesis, Kwandong University, 2002
- H. S. Jang "Effect of Communication Satisfaction in Relationship between Job Satisfaction among Nurses in Hospitals" Unpublished master's thesis, Kong Ju National University 2009.
- McCloskey J. C. & McCain B. E., "Satisfaction, commitment, and professionalism of newly employed nurses". IMAGE : Journal of Nursing Scholarship, Vol.20, No.4, pp.203-207, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.1988.tb00077.x
- M. S. Joung, K. J. Kim, "A Study on the effect of emotional labor and leader's emotional intelligence on job satisfaction and organizational commitment for nurses" Korean journal of hospital management, Vol.11 No.4, pp.2-18, 2006.
- Wong, Chi-Sum., & Law, S, L., "The Effects of Leader and Follower Emotional Intelligence on Performance and Attitude: an Exploratory Study", The Leadership Quarterly, Vol.13, pp. 243-274, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00099-1
- Downs, C, W., Hazen M., Quiggins J., & Medeley J., "An empirical and theoretical investigation of communication satisfaction". Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Speech Communication Association, New York, 1973.
- Paula, L. S. et al., "Measurement of Work Satisfaction Among Health Profession". Medical Care, Vol.4, pp.304-309, 1978.
- H. T. Park, "Transformational and Transactional Leadership Styles of The Nurse Administrators and Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment in Nursing Service" Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, 1997.
- K. H. Lee, "The Effect of Emotional intelligence on Self-Efficacy and Job Stress of Nurses", J Korean Acad Admin, Vol.16 No.1. pp.17-25, 2010. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.1.17
- Joung, M. S., & Kim, K. J., "A study on the effect of emotional labor and leader's emotional intelligence on job satisfaction and organizational commitment for nurses". Korean Journal of Hospital Management, Vol.11, No.4, pp.1-18, 2006.
- Y. R. Ban, "The Effect of Communication Satisfaction and Job Satisfaction on the Nursing Performance of Hospital Nurses," Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University 2008.
- J. H. Park, "Organizational Communication Satisf action and Job Satisfaction for Nurses in Hospital Setting," Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University 2002.
- C. S. Lim, " An Empirical Study on the Effects of Conflict by Communication in the Hospital System," Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University 1992.
- S. A. Hong, "A Study on Job Satisfaction of Administrative Staff-Members of General Hospital," Unpublished master's thesis, Chongju University 2000.
- The Relationships among Emotional Intelligence, Interpersonal Relationship, and Job Satisfaction of Clinical Nurses vol.20, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.3.413
- The Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Stress Coping of Nurses vol.21, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.4.466
- Effect of Nursing Professionalism and Organizational Communication on Intent to Stay in Geriatric Hospital Nurses vol.24, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.5.455